• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are the most unusual facilities you've encountered in an office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by singhr View Post
    Stockley Park for most of time and a stint in Brentford. The staff shop was great if you liked ribena, painkillers and toothpaste - nothing you could really make a meal out of though.
    Only went to stockley twice. So were you on the GSN project? What did you do? I made a mint out of selling their smoking patches. I could get them for 4.79 and Tesco sold them for 17
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Vintners Place in London has a swimming pool and a gym. Some afternoons when you are tired its brilliant to just pop down and sit in the steam room for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Free beer on Fridays when working in Brussels.
        The same plus wine and snacks in The Netherlands. Going home pissed on a bicycle on Fridays
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          The same plus wine and snacks in The Netherlands. Going home, pissed on a bicycle on Fridays
          Ftfy.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            The same plus wine and snacks in The Netherlands. Going home pissed on a bicycle on Fridays
            Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Ftfy.

Pedantic jollock buggler

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Pedantic jollock buggler
              Read it again. I thinks it's funnier after the edit...

Going home, pissed on a bicycle...

Going home pissed, on a bicycle...

Going home pissed on a bicycle...

Comment

kinda see your point!

been a long day!

Comment

Communal spaghetti at lunch time.

Big table, monster big bowl of spaghetti in the middle. Everyone turns up at the same time and tucks in.

Weird bunch that lot.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Read it again. I thinks it's funnier after the edit...

Going home, pissed on a bicycle...

Going home pissed, on a bicycle...

Going home pissed on a bicycle...

Waiting for the Politie to knock on the door...
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Beer, wine, strawberries, biscuits, crisps, frisbees, games of rounders - although this wasn't in the office; once a month the team used to head down to St James' Park for the afternoon

In the office we had this tool for enforcing coding standards, though

Comment

Working...
                      X