• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are the most unusual facilities you've encountered in an office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've worked in a place that had this installed for employee amusement

http://www.luminvision.co.uk/videos.htm (7. Football)
    The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      When I was working on some of the pre merger stuff between GW and SKB I had to go to a building at Beechams that had Ribina on draught.
      No way - I worked on that too. The canteen in that old SKB building had the best food ever - it was more like a gourmet restaurent. Mind you the GSK building was pretty tasty too.

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
        Logica? Free hols sounds awesome.
        No. I mean software house as in created a software product, not consultancy.
        Free hols were awesome and get this - you got 2 tickets every year - for you and your "life partner". Not surprisingly the life partner thing was well abused.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          ...Not surprisingly the life partner thing was well abused.
          Haw haw that was very amusing.

Comment

Gun Rack - NDS Jerusalem

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Gun Rack - NDS Jerusalem
              I think that gets the award
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
                No way - I worked on that too. The canteen in that old SKB building had the best food ever - it was more like a gourmet restaurent. Mind you the GSK building was pretty tasty too.
                Where were you? I used to head down to J Block a lot. Never spent much time at GSK house as I was sent to work in Greenford in their regulatory section
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

at the research center of the mobile telephone/network infrastructure manufacturer, they had a music/jamming room in the basement next to the gym (which was fitted out better than most in towns with the tv's and everything)

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    Where were you? I used to head down to J Block a lot. Never spent much time at GSK house as I was sent to work in Greenford in their regulatory section
                    Stockley Park for most of time and a stint in Brentford. The staff shop was great if you liked ribena, painkillers and toothpaste - nothing you could really make a meal out of though.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      at the research center of the mobile telephone/network infrastructure manufacturer, they had a music/jamming room in the basement next to the gym (which was fitted out better than most in towns with the tv's and everything)

Milan.
                      I would love that right now. I'm working on some new songs at the moment and that would really float my boat.

Comment

Working...
                      X