• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Englishman's home is his castle : Who said British Justice is a shambles ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Attackers who walked into other persons' house like this have forfeited their right to live.
    Maybe on your planet AtW, but down here..................uh uh!

HTH
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Maybe on your planet AtW, but down here..................uh uh!
      Yes I noticed down here there are different laws - house owner goes to jail and those guys walk. That's justice, innit?

Comment

it does show that cricket violence can be just as deadly as the soccer variety.
        Personally, I would have batted them, but would have taken pains to do it out of sight of witnesses. Killing them outright is probably going too far

maybe a bit of slow willowing first

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Did he exceed reasonable defence?
          Chasing someone up the road, catching them and getting 2 or 3 others to hold them down ... fine. Fine upstanding citizens, brave, resourceful and quick-witted.

Beating the person on the ground with a cricket bat until it breaks and with a metal pole until permanent brain damage is caused is NOT self defence. It is a barbaric gang assault.

(If they had had any sense they'd have dragged said toerag back to the house and given him the kind of punishment he would have remembered but would not have wanted to show to a doctor. Alternatively, bury the toerag under the patio. Or tie him up, put him in the back of the car and leave him in a shallow grave in the woods. But they didn't have sense.)

They chose to carry out a brutal assault, in public, in view of the neighbours, as a gang and using weapons. It is for that they have to go to prison.

It was not someone defending their family in the family home. It was one or more fetching their mates to carry out a savage revenge beating.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Chasing someone up the road, catching them and getting 2 or 3 others to hold them down ... fine. Fine upstanding citizens, brave, resourceful and quick-witted.

Beating the person on the ground with a cricket bat until it breaks and with a metal pole until permanent brain damage is caused is NOT self defence. It is a barbaric gang assault.
            If that someone with his accomplices get your family tied up and put down in what to me looks like common for executions is a pretty good excuse.

Now if those guys did not get into his house and did not do these things it would be another story, but since they did those of them that survived should spent rest of their time in jails.

It would have certainly been better if he had firearm and exercised his right of self defence by shooting all 3 in his house. However since the law in this country does not afford him effective legal means of self defence it resulted in what happened - innocent citizen turned into criminal and criminals walked.

Comment

If that someone with his accomplices get your family tied up and put down in what to me looks like common for executions is a pretty good excuse.
              We opted for a justice system that says the state gets to do the revenging, not us. On the whole it works (it is a system we have had for quite some time - Saxon in origin, I think). Of late, it seems to be failing us sometimes.

Now if those guys did not get into his house and did not do these things it would be another story, but since they did those of them that survived should spent rest of their time in jails.
              I agree; I do find it odd they they are not getting long prison sentences.

it resulted in what happened - innocent citizen turned into criminal and criminals walked.
              I'm not so sure our innocent citizen is so innocent. He (plus mates) sounds like a nasty piece of work to me. Would you beat someone about the head with a metal pole / cricket bat while they are being held down? A kick in the goolies, yes, but repeated beating with a weapon?

Do you recall the story of a few months ago of the bloke punched in a supermarket who died? Punched because the girlfriend of the attacker said (wrongly) he'd pushed in a queue? It is to avoid that kind of tragedy that we do not allow vengeance beatings.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I'm not so sure our innocent citizen is so innocent. He (plus mates) sounds like a nasty piece of work to me. Would you beat someone about the head with a metal pole / cricket bat while they are being held down? A kick in the goolies, yes, but repeated beating with a weapon?
                If those guys:
                a) broken into my house before me with balaklavas and presumably some weapons
                b) put my family down tied up (that's good way to execute people quietly once they are down tied)

I'd certainly get the one in the house - like he did and it seems that guy actually got harmed in process, I'd probably not chase them but if I was big/angry enough I'd do it and try to detain at least some, given that they are likely to have weapons I'd prefer to play safe and use available tools to do so.

THEY PUT HIS FAMILY DOWN ON THE FLOOR.

This isn't simple random mugging on street - went in to his house, did that to his family then run off - what if they came back later next night? Was he sure they would nto do it again unless he 100% detains them?

Sure he may have exceeded reasonable force, however details of the case in my view should excuse him.

If he had legal firearm he'd gun them down before they run out of his house/garden, that would make the case a lot simpler.

Comment

Do you recall the story of a few months ago of the bloke punched in a supermarket who died? Punched because the girlfriend of the attacker said (wrongly) he'd pushed in a queue? It is to avoid that kind of tragedy that we do not allow vengeance beatings.
                  Yes I remember that and it was totally wrong - he was jailed correctly.

However if he was in his house with his girlfriend, and a few guys dropped in in balaklavas, tied up his girlfriend and then he beatem them up to death with cricket bat then that would be fair play to me.

Legal firearm ownership is the solution - quick, can handle multiple attackers and they won't run away far. Simples.

Comment

Having read this story on a few sites now to fill in the gaps I can only say the judge and jury got it wrong. Totally justified IMHO. They were being set up for an execution.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

What you need is one of these:

Sneaky
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X