• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Englishman's home is his castle : Who said British Justice is a shambles ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgraceful. A cricket bat should be strong enough to withstand a few lusty blows to a skull. I bet it was an imported cheapy. A proper Gunn and Moore wouldn't have broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Disgraceful. A cricket bat should be strong enough to withstand a few lusty blows to a skull. I bet it was an imported cheapy. A proper Gunn and Moore wouldn't have broke.

LOL
      l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Hmm!

Brain damage, Let's hope its enough to remove the scumbag from the human gene pool
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Hmm!

Brain damage, Let's hope its enough to remove the scumbag from the human gene pool
          Nope, just enough to make him need care for the rest of his life. Lose-lose really. Probably wouldn't have got much more than 30 months if he'd topped the bloke.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Nope, just enough to make him need care for the rest of his life. Lose-lose really. Probably wouldn't have got much more than 30 months if he'd topped the bloke.
            Damn!

That's my taxes paying for that
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Do we **have** to read the daily mail? Is there a version on another webite?
              Alternative site. Although that one doesn't mention they broke the cricket bat 3 times in the process of "a sustained attack by Munir, Tokeer and at least two others."

So where did the other 2 come from? Whose identities didn't come up?

We can probably assume they got a couple of mates to help and some held the intruder down while one or two of the others damn near beat him to death. With a cricket bat. And then later refused to give out the identities of the mates who helped.

Neighbours also saw them using a metal pole. Link. Although the Daily Mail and the Asian Times omitted that bit.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If guns were legal he'd shoot all 3 in the house and would not need to run away to whack them with a cricket bat.

That said it is ridiculous that he is doing 30 months - if anything those guys who have gone to jail for a very long time.

Comment

Beating an assailant so much he's permanently brain damaged after you've chased him down the street is not "reasonable force".
                  Agreed

Throwing a coffee table into the face of the intruder whilst still in your own house is fine.
                  Smashing a cricket bat over the intruders head some way down the street whilst he's held down by a relative is a step too far

Incidently, some of the less intellectually challenged daily mail readers seem to think that if this happened in america the guy would be a hero.
                  Not the case, even in America if the intruder is clearly running away then you have to hold your fire. Shooting an intruder in the back as they make their escape is not deemed as sporting
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

So what is wrong here ?
                    the fact that they did it, or that they got caught ?

How on earth did they establish brain damage ? maybe the burglar/kidnapper only had a bit of a brain to start with. So much for inoccent until proven guilty

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Beating an assailant so much he's permanently brain damaged after you've chased him down the street is not "reasonable force".
                      "Munir Hussain, his wife and their three children stumbled on three intruders, wearing balaclavas, in their home when they returned from their mosque during Ramadan.

The family were ordered to lie on the floor of the living room with their hands behind their backs.

As four of them were tied up
                      , Mr Hussain's teenage son escaped through a window."

This all looks and feels like preparation for execution, when someone does this to your family and you have lucky escape then it seems reasonable to chase the guys and make sure they don't do it again. Did he exceed reasonable defence? Maybe, but that was because he had no effective means to defend himself inside his house, ie - legal firearm.

Attackers who walked into other persons' house like this have forfeited their right to live.

Comment

Working...
                      X