• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rage Against The Machine for Xmas No. 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
    Surely I'm not the only one who sees the irony in everyone buying this upon being prompted?
    Particularly in the light of some of the lyrics of the RATM song. Who cares if tulip songs are at number one? All it proves is popularity is no guide to quality which anyone over the age of 10 knows already.

Comment

RATM are published by Epic Records.

Epic are owned by Sony Music Entertainment.

Cowel sold his record label Syco Records to Sony Music Entertainment in 2002in exchange for SME Shares.

Looks like Simon will, at least indirectly, have Number one and Number Two at christmas.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Buy this record, buy this record!

Flip you, I won't do what you tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          RATM are published by Epic Records.

Epic are owned by Sony Music Entertainment.

Cowel sold his record label Syco Records to Sony Music Entertainment in 2002in exchange for SME Shares.

Looks like Simon will, at least indirectly, have Number one and Number Two at christmas.
          I would imagine a fair few of us will be satisfied with a massive number two this christmas
          We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
          - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Buy this record, buy this record!

Flip you, I won't do what you tell me.
            Not just me then.... GJ still hasn't got there yet...
            We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
            - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
              Not just me then.... GJ still hasn't got there yet...
              Oh I understand, we used to call them 'Rage Against Sony' back in the day... the protagonist should have picked a different band to get the point across.

I don't watch X-factor but that's not enough to stop it affecting my everyday life, it's on the news, the net, in the papers, people waffle on about it inanely as if it really matters.

Anything to counter that gets my vote.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

A rather entertaining Rage/X-Factor mashup video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AYUqVNSsY
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  A rather entertaining Rage/X-Factor mashup video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AYUqVNSsY
                  Not many things impress me, in my dottage, but that did.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Currently Number 7 in the Amazon download Chart:

All I Want For Christmas Is You
                    by Mariah Carey

And thats without a facebook campaign!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestselle...dp_ts_dmusic_1
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I downloaded this this week. Saw the campaign and thought I do like that song will be good for the gym.

The sanctimonious side of the campaign is a bit annoying though - annoying like a teenage goth. I don't have too much against it but some people just prefer the X-Factor stuff and there is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X