• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you work in Swindon?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm already in Swindon.

And mighty glad to be off the bench I am too!

However, I'm looking forward to the weekend and it's only Wednesday...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      However, I'm looking forward to the weekend and it's only Wednesday...
      You sound like a permie...

Comment

I went to Swindon.

Once.

<shudder>

Still, it's not Slough.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I had an interview down there recently (with a bunch of lying tosspots) and would have gone there if I'd been offered the contract, I'm a contractor - its what i do
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            I had an interview down there recently (with a bunch of lying tosspots) and would have gone there if I'd been offered the contract, I'm a contractor - its what i do
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I work in Swindon as well - good thing though is that I never venture further in than Windmill Hill towards the center of the black hole that is the town centre.

Wooton Basset used to be nice and quiet for a lunch or two - no anymore though

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...-hometown.html

The only positive thing I can think to say about Swindon is that it is not Slough. I can honestly say that I would prefer to be in Baghdad, downtown Lagos, or just about anywhere else... It's a grim, hellish place, the bitter hole that this country is slowly descending to, a bleak parody of the British condition. It was well named Hill of Pigs, it closely resembles a large pile of porcine dung with a few fat, pink, bristled, snouted beasts residing in their obese pride in its fetid muck. We should bomb it to dust, spray it with napalm, bury it and then round up every person who has ever lived there and euthanase them to scrub the horror of Swindon from human memory. It would be a merciful act.

Comment

I'm off there at the weekend for lunch with some old mates. I know you choose your friends but you don't get to choose where they live.

Anything I should know before I go? Will my GP know which jabs I need?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    I'm off there at the weekend for lunch with some old mates. I know you choose your friends but you don't get to choose where they live.

Anything I should know before I go? Will my GP know which jabs I need?
                    See post above.

Comment

We should bomb it to dust, spray it with napalm, bury it and then round up every person who has ever lived there and euthanase them to scrub the horror of Swindon from human memory.

Have they set a date for this? Will it be before the weekend?

Comment

Working...
                      X