• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get My Cushion Plumped...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to recall that you don't really need to be an iPhone dev to write apps anymore.

You can get an export plugin for Flash that does it all for you so if you can Flash, you can iPhone.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      I seem to recall that you don't really need to be an iPhone dev to write apps anymore.

You can get an export plugin for Flash that does it all for you so if you can Flash, you can iPhone.
      I can't abide Flash

Anyway, I do this stuff (learning new languages and APIs and so forth) because I like it

If people are dumb enough to give me money for doing it, so much the better

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I can't abide Flash

Anyway, I do this stuff (learning new languages and APIs and so forth) because I like it

If people are dumb enough to give me money for doing it, so much the better
        days
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'll stick with my BBC Micro thank you
          has no-one done an iPhone version of Chuckie Egg yet, then?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

One of the other contractors here has just been looking through Jobserve.

There's a gig on there that I'm absolutely convinced must be the place oop North that I was at in February - April

I think I'll give that one a miss - nice enough company, but the location was so rural that I once had to drive ten miles to Bradford and back to get a copy of The Grauniad

Comment

Get My Cushion Plumped...
              Sorry, NF, we've worn out all the bench cushions; you'll have to bring your own.

But I'll bagsie a smooth patch for you with a good view of Jobsearch City and pop a hot water bottle on it, if that'll help.

Do you need a few of these popped in the chiller box?
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Do you need a few of these popped in the chiller box?

Comment

Anyway, I've never bothered getting my head around Cocoa programming before; I might as well have some fun on the iPhone, maybe even make a few bob, and simultaneously develop skills that can be applied to the OS X desktop market. Mac users tend to be quite happy to pay for reasonably-priced apps (around the $30 mark), whereas Linux users resent having to pay for anything.
                  Yep, Objective-C and Cocoa are pleasant to use. The traditional Mac users never got used to command line stuff and will happily pay for a nice GUI for stuff Linux users would do at the command prompt. For simple apps $30 might be too much - you can get some quite juicy apps for that. Amadeus Pro for example is the bees knees in its field and costs $40.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                  X