• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Le Weekendio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
    My youngest lad is 20 months old and was (unsurprisngly) totally freaked out by Zwarte Piet at the creche's sinterklaas party today.
    I worked in the South West for a while. I think the folk down there would react in much the same way.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      I worked in the South West for a while. I think the folk down there would react in much the same way.

Papa Lazarous???

Your my wife...

Comment

Bit late - but I was busy yesterday preparing for an evening out - Mr P's works 'do' at the Power room in the Manchester Museum of Science & Industry.
        Great fun, I went around photographing all the engines and electromagnetic coils and the whole place smelt of engine oil. So we got pished and had a good time. I also sent some embarrassing txts to Zippy & Norrahe

Despite the above I was awake at 8 and will spend the rest of the day sorting out the house - tomorrow is Mass & Christmas market I think, I hear new boots calling me too.....
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Yes we're all racist bumpkins down here.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Yes we're all racist bumpkins down here.
            I didn't mean to imply racism, merely novelty value.

I recall walking down a shopping street in Taunton, with a dusky foreign gentleman walking a few yards in front of me, and a wall of paralysis sweeping along the pavement beside him as people stopped and stared. It was like a Mexican Wave of Astonishment.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Cos I'm a girl and I've never done it before.

I don't have any plans as I have an ill baby...
              Hang on. If you've got a baby, you must have done it at least once.

IGMC...
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                It is nearly Xmas...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

IGMC...
                  Just the once, yes, in a far and distant past.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    Despite the above I was awake at 8 and will spend the rest of the day sorting out the house - tomorrow is Mass & Christmas market I think, I hear new boots calling me too.....
                    New boots - yes!

Txt was great - good pic
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Getting the DVD in my laptop fixed today, going to the Vienna Winter Wonderland tomorrow (http://www.christmasmarkets.com/Aust...as-market.html) tomorrow, the same in Bratislava on Tudesday.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                      X