• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Le Weekendio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs PRC is taking the weekend off

So I'll be doing ...
    Tennis with kids tonight
    Football + dance with kids tomorrow morning
    Cinema with kids tomorrow afternoon
    Walk with kids Sunday morning
    Play with kids Sunday afternoon
    Have a rest for the rest from the kids Monday - Friday.

Comment

Tonight :

Takeaway in front of the telly.

Tommorow :

Dependant on the weather, getting a few miles in on the bike, walking the dogs. Putting up Christmas decorations.

Sunday :
      Weather permitting, out early on the bike again, walking dogs, Lincoln Christmas Market with MrsB, Son + GF and MIL.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tonight: maybe quick beer on way home in Piccadilly.

Tomorrow: looking after baby swamp.

Sunday: garden centre. Collect mother in law from Heathrow.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Tonight, working late (boooooooo)

Tomorrow going to cinema with oldest boy in Afternoon to allow Rantorina a chance to wrap up the pressies cos....

Saturday evening is the time to put a shoe, carrot, speculoos and glass of beer beside the fireplace and hopefully Sinterklaas will be bringing some pressies for the kids over here.

Sunday, playing with the new toys.

Around this, I've got to co-ordinate an emergency release and get my ball-joints checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Tomorrow morning - take children to ballet. Steer clear of MrsF because she is preparing for the Ilkley craft fair on Sunday. Food shopping probably, then some kind of tea.
            It's not in Ilkley, it's at Bolton Abbey.

Ilkley is next weekend, then Bolton Abbey the weekend after that.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
              Saturday evening is the time to put a shoe, carrot, speculoos and glass of beer beside the fireplace and hopefully Sinterklaas will be bringing some pressies for the kids over here.
              Do they not have working calendars in Brussels?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

out to eat tonight with Mrs Singh, out to see a band tomorrow night, usual chores around the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Do they not have working calendars in Brussels?
                  Our use of the 25th Dec for Xmas is fairly arbitrary and a phenomenon of lots of calender buggering-aboutery through history.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Link:

Sinterklaas is a traditional Winter holiday figure in Belgium, celebrated every year on the morning of December 6.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      Thank you, so do I.

I cannot get him to take calpol or anything similar from a spoon; he is now a very wilful individual (dunno where he gets that from).

He purses his lips tightly closed as soon as he spots the medicine spoon, and thrashes his head around. Should I manage to get a droplet between his lips, it is violently dispelled.

My mate who's a nurse is getting me one of those plastic syringe jobbies, but I reckon he will still hoof it up everywhere.
                      http://www.4little1.com/baby-medicin...cine-dummy.php

Sorted. Wife sells as part of plan B.

Comment

Working...
                      X