• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You can't blame TPD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE v8

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

[Diagnose Connection Problems]

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
    • Internet connectivity has been lost.The website is temporarily unavailable.The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.There might be a typing error in the address.If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
    For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
    To view subscribed feeds
    1. Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
    1. Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
    2. Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If I'd moved a bit faster I'd have got a ThunderBrowse output as well.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        I wonder if the server will be faster after that little outage just now.

edit:

it is!
        Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        That was quick!
        Originally posted by administrator View Post
        You're such a moaner.
        That wasn't moaning, was it?

And you make assumptions based on nothing.

Server was down due to TPD. Brought it down so the server hosts could put some more memory in it.
        DID IT? And how the hell did it do that?

That may mean some more downtime for the forum.
        Will TPD warn us next time before it takes the server down?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          maybe you should consider a testing gig instead of a PM one
          I am a bloody good tester. The money was better in project management. I did consider it this time round but Mich the Tester and Testing Manager (or whatever his name is) put me off by saying their market was dead too.

Comment

Will look at opening TPD again when I am a bit more awake and have looked at merging the two threads. That may mean some more downtime for the forum.

Comment

Working...
            X