• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody vandal kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Just gone out to the car and found my car mirror pushed back which has happened probably a dozen times in the last month. Look over at wifes car and bloody bastards had ripped it off breaking the plastic where it is attached to the door. I'm pretty sure it would be kids doing it and they probably laughed their ass off when they did it.
    I met one of the people who do this sort of thing. When I worked in Brum a lad started work at the same place as me, in his mid 20's, lived near me, a couple of miles from the city centre as it happened. Seemed OK, a bit full of himself.

Invited him to join my friends and I out one evening and as soon as he'd downed a couple of beers started putting on a daft act of being loud & "look at me, I'm a nutter". I had misgivings about then moving to a nice pub that had a lock-in at the weekend. He behaved OK there until we left around 2am. He was trailing behind my group & when I went to see what he was up to, he was using his biker boots to kick wing mirrors off cars parked in the street. Obviously I was pretty furious & he stopped but semed to think he was the man by vandalising property. In fact a total knob.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tell me about it
      Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
      A ford orion - when was that taken, 1994?
      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      23 May 2007. It's still running - got through its MoT two weeks ago, and reached 173,000 miles on the way home on Friday
      That's a blast from the past.

Saw a Ford Cortina on the road today.

Reminded me of when my dad bought a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        I'm always surprised how many Ford Capris are still on the road. Usually with full body kits, a rear picnic table and 6 fog lights too, of course.

I assume Jackie Stewart's wife wasn't an actress.
        "There are new reclinging front seats" - yes, we know
        "Wider rear track for better roadholding" - so you now only need 2 sacks of cement in the boot...

And if the Missus (a Martin Shaw luster) sees this, I'll have to buy a Capri myself.
        Last edited by RichardCranium; 2 December 2009, 07:05. Reason: It's not a spoiler. It's a picnic table.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          That's a blast from the past.

Reminded me of when my dad bought a new one.
          I regularly see quite a few Ford Cortinas. One of the Princes over here has a small collection of them and drives them round and about.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

My first car was a 1964 Mk1 Consul Cortina 1200. It was light green with white flashes and door pillars and someone had put Corsair wing badges on the side. It had a whiplash aerial that clipped behind the driver's door and chrome hubcaps and rims. Pure Essex class.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
              I had the same problem and just sold the keyed car today. It was annoying and even though it was old and cheap it still bugged me that someone would do it.

Have got free vandalism cover with my insurance company now for the new car but touch wood nobody will key it.
              I have free vandalism cover but they wouldn't pay for a repair when some vandal smashed a beer bottle on the roof. Covers tyre slashing and that's about it. Might be worth reading the small print and bumping up the cover if you're worried. Beer bottle dents on the roof cost a fortune (£700), but scratches on the paint work can be done as a job lot, when you've collected enough of em.

Someone suggested just putting a flashing red led visible from outside. Looks a bit spooky as you can see it from quite a distance, sort of what kind of fancy defence system has tis guy installed and puts thugs and vandals off.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 2 December 2009, 08:26.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
              X