• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seasonal Affective Disorder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    My worst hangover this year has been champagne-induced.

Not good at either end...
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Norrahe, come on!! If that had been me posting that I would have got paddled for giving too much information.

Standards are slipping methings.

Comment

I wouldn't have mentioned normally, but on this occasion I would have put Zeity to shame...

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

ah CM , tell me about the markets when you get back. The missus loves shopping in markets. If it's really good, we might get over there next autumn time

EO - it's brilliant - She would love it!! the markets are brilliant, the whole experience is amazing! Ye should def give it a blast!!

Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          EO - it's brilliant - She would love it!! the markets are brilliant, the whole experience is amazing! Ye should def give it a blast!!

Since I'll be there soon could you let me know which markets I should peruse? (I'm not an expert in these matters...)
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Since I'll be there soon could you let me know which markets I should peruse? (I'm not an expert in these matters...)
            Well - if you are going to be in Bangkok, the floating market is good as a sightseeing exercise - it's fun and colourful although they do rip you off so buy as little as possible!!

Chatuchak (sp) Weekend Market is wonderful - it's huge with zillions of stalls selling everything you could think of.

The upper floors of MBK are marketey types but with the added comfort of Air-Con (always a plus).

CJ which Island are you off to?
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

'fraid I am annoying cheerful all year round, love the autumn and winter - snuggling up in front of the fire, waking up to snow, Christmas etc...

Oh and Norrahe & Zippy, if its any consolation I was a bit sluggish yesterday morning too.
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Phuket, but doing a Similan Islands & Richelieu Rock liveaboard for 6 days.

I've never been away for over 2 weeks before..

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

We went to the night market at Mindel beach in Darwin and she spent two quid. She loved it so much we had to go back , then we had to organise a whole trip just so she could go back again. 30 thousand miles including a week driving through the desert so she can spend two quid in the market.
                  I will ask her if she fancies Thailand , over a candle lit curry on Saturday night.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Phuket, but doing a Similan Islands & Richelieu Rock liveaboard for 6 days.

I've never been away for over 2 weeks before..
                    I've not been to Phuket but I'm fairly sure it'll be similar to Samui which is my fave place ever. It's so beautiful - you won't want to come back!!

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    We went to the night market at Mindel beach in Darwin and she spent two quid. She loved it so much we had to go back , then we had to organise a whole trip just so she could go back again. 30 thousand miles including a week driving through the desert so she can spend two quid in the market.
                    I will ask her if she fancies Thailand , over a candle lit curry on Saturday night.

Sounds about right - we went to Chatuchak wandered around for hours and I spent about a fiver. Himself wasn't too impressed although he loved Bangkok - I thought he'd hate it. He can't wait to go back
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Going South a bit; my Mum and Dad, who've travelled around a bit, said Penang (Malasia) was lovely. Decades ago though, when natives were still running around in the jungle, it's probably all skyscrapers now. Anyone been there?

Comment

Working...
                      X