• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors are Thatchers children

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hear hear Dodgy but you are a few days late for National Freelancer Day - wake up!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      hear hear Dodgy but you are a few days late for National Freelancer Day - wake up!
      I was busy upping my margins
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I was busy upping my margins
        so margins are down today then - a chance for us to negotiate a good rate!
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Thatcher despite labours efforts to put a stop to it through the education system (attack on Grammar schools) .
          Don't let the facts get in the way of your fanboy adoration but, when education secretary Mrs Thatcher closed more grammar schools than Barbara Castle ever did. Care to comment on that?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

New avatar suggestion for DodgyTwunt
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Can't be bothered to read the thread, but a big WHS to the DodgyAgent. Every contractor has a lot to thank Baroness Thatcher for.

And some contractors have Gordon Brown and his profligate public sector IT spending to thank....
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Thatcher/Major made Britain great again. Blair/Brown have undone all her good work

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Don't let the facts get in the way of your fanboy adoration but, when education secretary Mrs Thatcher closed more grammar schools than Barbara Castle ever did. Care to comment on that?
                  That may be true. I think you will also find that Thatcher closed more grammar schools than Roy Castle ever did either. You are clutching at straws. You are a direct beneficiary of Thatcherism whether you like it or not, yet you vilify her. care to comment on that?

No of course not, just like NickFitz, Alfw and all the rest of you the pathetic little hypocrites the best you can do is to trash her from at best the benefit of hindsight and from spin.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    Is that all you've got Tory Boy?

Comment

That may be true. I think you will also find that Thatcher closed more grammar schools than Roy Castle ever did either. You are clutching at straws. You are a direct beneficiary of Thatcherism whether you like it or not, yet you vilify her. care to comment on that?

No of course not, just like NickFitz, Alfw and all the rest of you the pathetic little hypocrites the best you can do is to trash her from at best the benefit of hindsight and from spin.
                      Example in Doncaster, there were two grammar schools I know of that went comprehensive under Thatcher, truth is they were grammar schools in name only, they already were being run comprehensive. One of them combined with two secondary moderns some time before the name change for example. That pattern repeats across the country.

So the argument saying Thatcher closed lots more grammar schools is specious.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X