• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    you boyz, you're in de nile, you know you want a Hummer
    Only if I were to regularly drive through rivers.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      This thread proves what I've always thought - you can't give the working class taste.
      Can you get a Burberry interior in that giant SUV?

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        I've been up and down mountains when going skiing in a Cayenne Turbo and it is safe and fast. Less roll than most cars I'd say. Then again, I like 4x4s...
        I have just had a read up on the x5 and the Cayenne Turbo. The X5 has a low centre of gravity by 4x4 standards because the engine is positioned low. The drive shafts run through the sump to get around the problem.

The Cayenne Turbo has a high centre of gravity that "it's sub-optimal for the street." Off road the rest of the vehicle is not really designed for off road hence it is a compromise.

No 4x4 off roader will out-corner a saloon or hot hatch and defiantly not when it verses one with hyroactive suspension.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I have just had a read up on the x5 and the Cayenne Turbo. The X5 has a low centre of gravity by 4x4 standards because the engine is positioned low. The drive shafts run through the sump to get around the problem.

The Cayenne Turbo has a high centre of gravity that "it's sub-optimal for the street." Off road the rest of the vehicle is not really designed for off road hence it is a compromise.

No 4x4 off roader will out-corner a saloon or hot hatch and defiantly not when it verses one with hyroactive suspension.
          Yeah, you're right. Actually it is rubbish.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

don't you just lurrrve these arm chair experts, never driven or owned any of these machines yet thanks to a search engine are able to give educated opinions

i reckon it will have to be the X6, there are simply far too many X5's around

Milan.

Comment

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/lis...ter=TP&o=p&pc=

Nice motors. One of my neighbours has one in black. I wasn't sold on it initially, but having seen it a few times, I have to say it does have presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/lis...ter=TP&o=p&pc=

Nice motors. One of my neighbours has one in black. I wasn't sold on it initially, but having seen it a few times, I have to say it does have presence.
                Is there actually room for an adult in the back? I wouldn't want to take the reduction in luggage space either.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Is there actually room for an adult in the back? I wouldn't want to take the reduction in luggage space either.
                  Seats 4 only. Boot space is better than it looks from the outside.

Comment

don't you just lurrrve these arm chair experts, never driven or owned any of these machines yet thanks to a search engine are able to give educated opinions

Milan.
                    GT, PGR, and Forza have open roads and race tracks with no speed limits.

I recommend the Ultima GTR, flat out down the Edgware road, around Marble Arch (sideways) before straightening up for Park Lane... what a blast.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Maybe this was the wrong forum to ask then
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X