• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cars again

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cars again"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    don't you just lurrrve these arm chair experts, never driven or owned any of these machines yet thanks to a search engine are able to give educated opinions

i reckon it will have to be the X6, there are simply far too many X5's around

Milan.
    Both cars are exceptionally ugly. If you want real world experiences based on actual ownership you need

http://www.ihaveasmallpen1sandfeelso...otstoprove.com

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    X5.

Says "I'm a coont, I don't give a flying toss about so called Climate Change, I've got money and an exceptionally small pen1s and you are in my way loser".

Love it.
    Figures

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    you want an old Merc,

they have some beautiful examples here...

http://www.bizzbuzinezz.nl/index_e.html

Milan.
    I once did a week's work experience for the auction house Brooks (now Bonhams). Got pushed about in a Gullwing across Olympia and up on to a car transporter. To get into the driver's seat you need to press a buttom that flips the steering wheel up allowing your legs to get past. Thought I'd share that with you all.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    you want an old Merc,

they have some beautiful examples here...

http://www.bizzbuzinezz.nl/index_e.html

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Edward Woodward,

you know what, if I lived in blighty for regular not so far journey's i'd run either a classic Range Rover, or Landrover - pre 1973 (admittedly not so many Range Rovers around that age) and take advantage of the tax free status and ease of maintenance and reliability.

You could buy a 1972 Range Rover or Landrover on ebay for a grand, get it restored for 10 and then run it as a daily driver, tax free and classic car insurance, based upon the collector's value depretiation would be slow to the extreme and stop at a certain point and you would get out of the road tax

dunno why more people do not do the same

recently there was a Velar on ebay.

Milan.

Partly because it is a bit of a pain having an older wagon and, well people like to be a bit flash don't they? I've never understood buying a new car when you can buy a 10-year-old smoker for no money - perhaps people can help me out here. Why not run an old Merc, Beemer or Jag for no money?

That said the old man a life long old smoker driver went out an bought his first brand new wagon aged 65.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Paddy,

happiness is, owning a Passat. I will take my Passat ownership memories with me for the rest of my life.

Maybe I'll get a tarpaulin and put it over the Passat and stick it up in the far corner of the garden, those Passats are sure to be collector's items in the future and this one is a 2003 Highline tdi !

Xeno,

I am allergic to petrols.

No kidding the X6 D has gone round the 'ring faster than a Cayenne Turbo ?

Milan.
    X6, Cayenne, Toerag etc are agents' cars.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Xeno,

Milan.
    Ah, so diesel it needs to be then. I understand that.

The X6 M is at #130 on the list I posted a link to. That, however, is a petrol X6 (twin-turbo 4.4L V8).

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Edward Woodward,

you know what, if I lived in blighty for regular not so far journey's i'd run either a classic Range Rover, or Landrover - pre 1973 (admittedly not so many Range Rovers around that age) and take advantage of the tax free status and ease of maintenance and reliability.

You could buy a 1972 Range Rover or Landrover on ebay for a grand, get it restored for 10 and then run it as a daily driver, tax free and classic car insurance, based upon the collector's value depretiation would be slow to the extreme and stop at a certain point and you would get out of the road tax

dunno why more people do not do the same

recently there was a Velar on ebay.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Don't make me type out the ones it is quicker than.

p-a-s-s-a-t

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ...except for BMW 335i Coupe, MB C55 AMG, BMW M5, Audi S4 Avant, etc, all of which are within the bounds of good taste.
    Don't make me type out the ones it is quicker than.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Paddy,

happiness is, owning a Passat. I will take my Passat ownership memories with me for the rest of my life.

Maybe I'll get a tarpaulin and put it over the Passat and stick it up in the far corner of the garden, those Passats are sure to be collector's items in the future and this one is a 2003 Highline tdi !

Xeno,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    It's the fastest 4x4 around the Nurburgring and a damn sight quicker than a lot of very quick sports/hatch/saloon cars.
    ...except for BMW 335i Coupe, MB C55 AMG, BMW M5, Audi S4 Avant, etc, all of which are within the bounds of good taste.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Or save yourself a packet and get a Classic Ranger Rover and blow the rest on crack.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    ... or a BMW X6 M which has just gone round even quicker!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Milan,

Get a Cayenne Turbo.

It's the fastest 4x4 around the Nurburgring and a damn sight quicker than a lot of very quick sports/hatch/saloon cars.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/24...ng_record.html

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track2.html

You know it makes sense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X