• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/lis...ter=TP&o=p&pc=

Nice motors. One of my neighbours has one in black. I wasn't sold on it initially, but having seen it a few times, I have to say it does have presence.
    Xeno,

I think, our wannebee old monied friends need to learn to let their hair down and enjoy themselves, such a machine is not about class or status, it's about having some fun while going from A to B with one's family.

Mitch and Sas,

Put your slippers on and put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 19 November 2009, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Put your slippers on and put that in your pipe and smoke it.
      Ooh that sounds good. I'll have a glass of brandy with that too.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If I want to transport my family safely and comfortably and have some fun doing so .
        Catch the train and buy a PSP
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

indeed it does, I'll join you and bring a nice cigar

Milan.

Comment

I've found a slightly battered 1983 Series 3 Land Rover rather excellent for communting round town. Happily covers the required maximum of 30mph, there's never any problem of people letting you into gaps and enough room for kids, bikes, shopping, pets etc. (although only tested the last three.)

Comment

don't you just lurrrve these arm chair experts, never driven or owned any of these machines yet thanks to a search engine are able to give educated opinions

i reckon it will have to be the X6, there are simply far too many X5's around

Milan.
              For someone who spent weeks on the forum getting opinions before he upgraded to Passat I would have imagined that you would appreciate all comments. I was quite impressed when I read the differences between the BMW and Porsche 4x4s. We all think that we are driving the best cars and even you thought so with your Passat. The only 4x4 that I had was a Range Rover when I worked in Austria, not the same I know but after 30 years of driving and ten years of national car rally driving, navigating and marshalling and building my own vehicles; I would like think that I have a little more knowledge than someone from a country that was used to driving Trabants and who gets so excided with their new found wealth donated from older EU countries.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Milan,

Get a Cayenne Turbo.

It's the fastest 4x4 around the Nurburgring and a damn sight quicker than a lot of very quick sports/hatch/saloon cars.

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/24...ng_record.html

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track2.html

You know it makes sense.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

... or a BMW X6 M which has just gone round even quicker!
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Or save yourself a packet and get a Classic Ranger Rover and blow the rest on crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                      It's the fastest 4x4 around the Nurburgring and a damn sight quicker than a lot of very quick sports/hatch/saloon cars.
                      ...except for BMW 335i Coupe, MB C55 AMG, BMW M5, Audi S4 Avant, etc, all of which are within the bounds of good taste.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X