• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Omg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I give you +7 ATW Silence Points, you can redeem them at any time - so far nobody did
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Server just went out for over a minute. Odd really if TPD is the problem
      Yup.

Code:
       Database error 
      The database has encountered a problem. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following: 
      Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser. 
      Open the forums.contractoruk.com home page, then try to open another page. 
      Click the Back button to try another link. 

The forums.contractoruk.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists. 

We apologise for any inconvenience.
      First time it's ever happened to me ( that I can remember )
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        Has been fine for me since closing the thread. A lot faster. And no mails despite the fact people have been viewing the thread. Is it simply viewing threads or replying that seems to take a time to complete?
        It just took me more than 30 seconds to post something in the "new" TPD thread, and an edit on that same post took even longer to commit.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          Has been fine for me since closing the thread. A lot faster. And no mails despite the fact people have been viewing the thread. Is it simply viewing threads or replying that seems to take a time to complete?
          Well, you should have one now, after my latest database error.

HTH.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Too early to say really. I only intermittently had delays before and those were mostly clustered around the same period, and I have had a delay since TPD was harpooned and its corpse laid to rot in the shallows that form light relief, like a whale carcass marooned on a small secluded beach that might explode any time with drivel flying everywhere. I tried poking it with a long stick and it just let out a frating noise and quivered.

Comment

i've not had any issues in loading, replying, posting or viewing at all before or after tpd was closed. maybe its my efficient german network
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                ...since TPD was harpooned and its corpse laid to rot in the shallows that form light relief, like a whale carcass marooned on a small secluded beach that might explode any time with drivel flying everywhere. I tried poking it with a long stick and it just let out a frating noise and quivered.
                Try some dynamite. From a distance.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                X