• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Humph. Annoyed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miserable feckers, they think they have you over a barrell, lets hope you get the other gig at least you have some leverage.

Did they say why they think they can get away with it?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bad luck MP. Maybe you can wangle your way back in to client #1?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        miserable flipers, they think they have you over a barrell, lets hope you get the other gig at least you have some leverage.

Did they say why they think they can get away with it?
        Apparantly, incredibly, the hiring manager "realised" he'd made a mistake with the budget allocated for the role. Fancy that.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Apparantly, incredibly, the hiring manager "realised" he'd made a mistake with the budget allocated for the role. Fancy that.
          Aint it funny how these 'mistakes' always go one way

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Aint it funny how these 'mistakes' always go one way

Ain't it just. Agent has called and said they would like to interview me next week. Hope I wasn't being rash in telling them to shove it.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Ain't it just. Agent has called and said they would like to interview me next week. Hope I wasn't being rash in telling them to shove it.
              You may as well go to the interview - you might have the chance to impress even more and increase the rate.

Maybe the agent could reduce their margin a shade as well? Might be worth considering once you have got the role.

I had a similar thing the other week - cut the rate because I'm too expensive, and then they worried that I might leave early because they weren't paying enough. Idiots.

Best of luck out there, anyway.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X