• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

trains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always go first class.

Although the tea on the east coast mainline tastes like the sweaty juice of a tramp's most favourite pants.

Always get a couple of stella on a Friday evening.

Comment

First class on trains, business on planes and first class airport lounges are the only things that get me up at 5am on a Monday morning to greet the week...

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
        Is there ANYONE who travels second class on the trains here? I do, but anyone I've seen posting on this forum states they go in 1st.

You must all be on too-high rates
        I always go 1st - BUT I always book in advance to get the cheaper fares too, oh and I get some free travel cos I'm a member of Virgin Traveller
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

No-one else here unfortunate enough to travel on FCC it seems.
          Todays "service" consists of around 150 cancelled trains.
          Most annoying.

Rhubarb.

Comment

Give me a car any day. It's out there in the car park waiting for me, I don't have to stand on a cold and wet platform for 45 minutes waiting for it because the engineering work supposedly overran, or because the rolling stock wasn't in the right place. I don't have to listen to my music on headphones as I can blast it out as loud as I want, and I can sing along if I want to. Nor do I have to listen to half of a conversation that other tossers are shouting into their mobiles. My car's clean and tidy, and there's no vomit or chewing gum I might accidentally sit on.

Oh, and I ALWAYS get a seat. So there!

Comment

Do first class occasionally, not worth it on east midland line, they've limited the service and most of the time they're short staffed.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                Give me a car any day. It's out there in the car park waiting for me, I don't have to stand on a cold and wet platform for 45 minutes waiting for it because the engineering work supposedly overran, or because the rolling stock wasn't in the right place. I don't have to listen to my music on headphones as I can blast it out as loud as I want, and I can sing along if I want to. Nor do I have to listen to half of a conversation that other tossers are shouting into their mobiles. My car's clean and tidy, and there's no vomit or chewing gum I might accidentally sit on.

Oh, and I ALWAYS get a seat. So there!

Quite agree. Also it’s somewhere to snooze if you need to. I try to travel by train but the trains are unreliable. The new trains are not as comfortable as the old ones. (not even first class).

There are few cross country trains or even lines. A 15 mile car journey to the next town is 40 miles and 1 ½ hours by train. A one hour drive east will take five hours by train.
                Never swap horses crossing a stream

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                  First class on trains, business on planes and first class airport lounges are the only things that get me up at 5am on a Monday morning to greet the week...
                  Look, you can have them both together
                  http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news...&article=index

Comment

Working...
                  X