• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's all the Tories need - Archer back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's all the Tories need - Archer back!

Archer bids to rejoin Tory party
    Originally posted by BBC
    Reports the disgraced peer had rejoined the party in Vauxhall, south London, were denied, but officials then said he had asked to rejoin in Cambridgeshire. The peer was expelled by the Tories in 2000 because of his lies in a libel case and was jailed for perjury.
    Do they need the money that much?

Why not? He tells no more lies than your typical New Labour minister, and certainly none that would affect me.

Comment

You want to be careful you don't get sued

Originally posted by stackpole
      Why not? He tells no more lies than your typical New Labour minister, and certainly none that would affect me.

Archers tells far fewer lies than typical New Labour politicians. And to be fair at least he's been held to account for them!
      Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
        Archers tells far fewer lies than typical New Labour politicians. And to be fair at least he's been held to account for them!

You are kidding?! Just where do the lies end and the truth start with Archer?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Oh, get real

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          You are kidding?! Just where do the lies end and the truth start with Archer?
          Blair, oh yes, I remember watching jackie milburn play for Newcastle
          and then I sneaked on an airplane and flew away somewhere
          we will not raise income tax
          we will not increase student fees
          24 hours to save the nhs
          education education education!

If NL tell you it's sunny, take an umbrella
          Why not?

Comment

Maybe they should elect him as their new leader.

"Archer for Tory Leader "

Comment

>we will not raise income tax

and to be fair, it's just about the only tax they haven't raised.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                >we will not raise income tax

and to be fair, it's just about the only tax they haven't raised.
                Depends on your definition of raise really.

True the Headline % of Tax has not changed but allowances have not kept up with inflation bringing people into the tax bracket. Further we now have currently a record number of people paying the higher rate, indeed you would have to just to be able to get a mortgage in some areas in the South East.

PS. Cameron is quoted in the Times as saying he would not grant the Whip to Archer. Meaning he would remain independent in the HoL if Cameron won.

Comment

All a bunch of liars!

What a load of political twaddle!
                  You lot make me laugh!
                  Mr Archer is as bad (No more, no less) than the present Government ministers.
                  You lot sound like kids in the playground..."My dad's bigger than your dad!"

When will you learn...they all lie...that's how they get elected..on hollow promises...they are all just political puppets...

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                    What a load of political twaddle!
                    You lot make me laugh!
                    Mr Archer is as bad (No more, no less) than the present Government ministers.
                    You lot sound like kids in the playground..."My dad's bigger than your dad!"

When will you learn...they all lie...that's how they get elected..on hollow promises...they are all just political puppets...
                    Hmmm. And how much further forward has that diatribe moved us?

Comment

Working...
                    X