• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's all the Tories need - Archer back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he just got caught, the rest - well most are up to the same tricks, have been since time begain, and will be until they die......the trick is not to get caught.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Hmmm. And how much further forward has that diatribe moved us?

And after your valid post...comments that ,at least he doesn't lie as much as someone else, does get us forward!!!
      I think you'll find they all talk out of thier ars*....It's just some idiots get caught

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
        And after your valid post...comments that ,at least he doesn't lie as much as someone else, does get us forward!!!
        I think you'll find they all talk out of thier ars*....It's just some idiots get caught
        I think you are right, but that doesn't mean you can dismiss and ignore politicians as you seem to have done - they affect all of our lives! So you've got to work with what you've got.

What people on here seem to be saying is that the lies Archer has been caught telling have been relatively harmless, even when he was in government. Unlike (for example) Tony Blair, who even led us into war on a lie.

Actually, on this basis perhaps Archer isn't so bad after all.

Comment

On the one hand Archer has paid the price for his perjury and having done so, in legal terms has wiped the slate clean.

Here's the but though.

If Archer wants to join the Tory party I assume it's because he feels in doing so he can contribute his talent & experience thereby helping the party.

The question he needs to ask himself though is the same any Tory leadership must ask itself.

Does the value he contributes outweigh the negative impacts generated by voter perception of a man who was caught lying in such a monumental way ?

I think not. I think his presence would do more harm than good. It's not particularly fair but what is in politics ?

Mind you - in joining the party that does not mean he would necessarily stand as a candidate and could therefore stay out of the lime light

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
            Mind you - in joining the party that does not mean he would necessarily stand as a candidate and could therefore stay out of the lime light
            Bit like Alastair Campbell then.

I agree, Cameron is wiping the political slate clean so he can focus on liebour's sleaze while playing the whiter-than-white card for now. The feeling amongst the trad. tories is that Archer is quite a political dynamo although the Cameron camp feel that he is too much of a liability.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
              Bit like Alastair Campbell then.

I agree, Cameron is wiping the political slate clean so he can focus on liebour's sleaze while playing the whiter-than-white card for now. The feeling amongst the trad. tories is that Archer is quite a political dynamo although the Cameron camp feel that he is too much of a liability.
              Archer was recently interviewed by Australian media where he said that he had been admitted back into the Tory party. The man's a congenital liar.

Who was it that said that if you can fake sincerity you've got it made. Blair has that knack.

The problem the Tories have is that during the Major gov. the media went on a feeding frenzy much to Labour's delight and anyone from that era has little credibility. Archer would be a disaster as he reflects all that is perceived to be wrong. I often wonder how much credit is due A. Campbell for the anti-Tory frenzy. Also for some reason the Tories have been ashamed of the Thatcher era and hence Labour could always attack them by referring to high interest rates and unemplyment under Thatcher (ignoring the Winter of Discontent, union militants etc.) . Enough ranting.

Fingus.

Comment

Makes sense Fangus. I've changed my mind again. Archer would be a bad thing for them after all.

Comment

Working...
                X