• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain is leading the world, again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets face it, this is a non-story.

Only the ugly are going to sign up to a dating service. Good lookers dont need to apply. So what they have are the best of a bad bunch.

It's the equivalent of asking the Adams Family to sign up and only taking Morticia
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      Lets face it, this is a non-story.

Only the ugly are going to sign up to a dating service. Good lookers dont need to apply. So what they have are the best of a bad bunch.

It's the equivalent of asking the Adams Family to sign up and only taking Morticia
      Forgive me for pointing out a flaw in your logic. If one is good looking, intelligent, tall and athletic but one lives in a town or country full of short, fat, halfwitted mingers, one might need the dating agency to help in finding someone who won't destroy the genetic lineage that was so meticulously assembled by one's ancestors.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Forgive me for pointing out a flaw in your logic. If one is good looking, intelligent, tall and athletic but one lives in a town or country full of short, fat, halfwitted mingers, one might need the dating agency to help in finding someone who won't destroy the genetic lineage that was so meticulously assembled by one's ancestors.
        I think they would probably buy a one way ticket to Brazil.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

But don't ugly people fancy ugly people? Some people on here seem to unashamedly fancy munters, while not being attracted to attractive people.

Comment

I've broken it!

They never sent me my confirmation e-mail (requested 4 or 5 times)

When I tried the 'rating' option, I got :

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewUserControl.RenderViewAndRestor eContentType(ViewPage containerPage, ViewContext viewContext) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewUserControl.RenderView(ViewCont ext viewContext) at System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper.RenderPartialInternal(St ring partialViewName, ViewDataDictionary viewData, Object model, ViewEngineCollection viewEngineCollection) at System.Web.Mvc.Html.RenderPartialExtensions.Render Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model) at ASP.views_default_rating_hasrated_aspx.__RenderCon tent2(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\BeautifulPeople.com\Views\Defau lt\Rating\HasRated.aspx:line 6 at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) at ASP.views_default_shared_ajax_master.__Render__con trol1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\BeautifulPeople.com\Views\Defau lt\Shared\AJAX.Master:line 3 at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlT extWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.views_default_rating_hasrated_aspx.ProcessRequ est(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Te mporary ASP.NET Files\root\4e7fcced\7873289e\App_Web_plisy2oa.1.cs :line 0 at System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(Contro llerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__Displa yClass11.b__e() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActio nResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActio nResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActio n(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() at ByteStorm.Community.Web.MVC.BaseController.Execute (RequestContext controllerContext) in D:\ByteStorm\Source\Source\Web.UI.MVC\Controllers\ BaseController.cs:line 217
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Well done HAB - you are my hereo
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

At what point do the members of this website get whisked away into orbit on space shuttles while the rest of us are eliminated by a deadly virus leaving them to repopulate the planet?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                  At what point do the members of this website get whisked away into orbit on space shuttles while the rest of us are eliminated by a deadly virus leaving them to repopulate the planet?
                  On Friday

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    If you haven't recieved the message yet, you're in danger of being left behind!
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X