• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German goalie killed by train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    <poor_taste_joke>
    His manager told him not to come off the line.
    </poor_taste_joke>
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I really think that if someone that has at such a low level in their life that they can't face living and has to do something like this doesn't really give a rats ass about whether you think he is selfish or not or the consequences of his actions to be honest.
      I realise that, but there are ways of topping yourself which doesn't endanger others etc. The governemnt should promote safe means of joining the choir invisible rather than let any tom dick or harry just have a go with their half arsed suicide attempts. They could start a course or scheme where those prospective corpses could enroll and find the most efficient and easiest ways for all concerned to shuffle off their mortal coil. Only once they have graduated should they be allowed to buy the farm - so to speak.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I find this story disappointing for a few reasons.

Firstly, the nationality of the chap has no significance to the story, it adds nothing and might be considered discriminatory. Are we stereotyping the Germans as a nation of suicides ?

Secondly, ok he was a goalkeeper, so what. Lets keep his profession out of it. Remember how we were upset when a certain minister labelled us all as 'tax cheats'. These lables do not help

Thirdly, remember the baby P story. Well now its almost impossible to recruit social workers to work with children. Do you really want to create a shortage of train drivers? This chap might have killed himself in any number of ways, please keep the train out of it.

The entire story should be rewritten - 'Some bloke died'

-Minestrone

Why do these threads always come down to sexist comments?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          I find this story disappointing for a few reasons.

Firstly, the nationality of the chap has no significance to the story, it adds nothing and might be considered discriminatory. Are we stereotyping the Germans as a nation of suicides ?

Secondly, ok he was a goalkeeper, so what. Lets keep his profession out of it. Remember how we were upset when a certain minister labelled us all as 'tax cheats'. These lables do not help

Thirdly, remember the baby P story. Well now its almost impossible to recruit social workers to work with children. Do you really want to create a shortage of train drivers? This chap might have killed himself in any number of ways, please keep the train out of it.

The entire story should be rewritten - 'Some bloke died'

-Minestrone

How much was his house worth?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

knew a bloke who tried to commit suicide by jumping of a motorway bridge

but cos he did not want to disrupt traffic he aimed for the hard shoulder - broke both legs was in a wheelchair for 6 months now is married and happy as larry.

lucky escape????

Comment

Working...
            X