• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Natural Born Killers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Not a cat person then BGG?
    Not particularly.

I don't mind the moggies that much, but they always seem to make a beeline for me to sit on my lap or rub themselves on my legs, knowing full well that I am allergic to the enzyme they deposit on their coats, which then brings me out with flu-like symptoms for a few days.

It's the whole animal/human dependency thing that I'm not keen on, but that's a long story.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      The smallest of our four cats is a little black and white Al-Queada infiltrator. She was an abandoned little ball of fleas when we took her in, and the other three gave her lots of leeway. She now torments the life out of them, chasing them, ambushing them and generally being mischevious. She jumps up on the missus and sucks her top, leaving a little wet catty-mouth-marks,
      she never had a proper mum.
      Anyways, last week, we found tufts of white fur all over the garden and then the missus heard a terrible catawauling. A big black cat had the little one pinned down and was ripping lumps out of it.
      On sunday the missus found the big black mog in the kitchen stealing their cat food, but she wouldnt let me chuck it out.
      Well last night, she was out at work, I espied the b@stard in the garden, and was tempted to leave the door open to entice it in.
      I was thinking 'dont mess with the monkeys moggie, we are natural born killers'

So what should I do ? visit it with monkey retribution, or leave the natural world to look after itself ?

We have a cat flap that can either be open both ways, in only, out only or totally closed. We also have a cat that occasionally comes in so sometimes I set the cat flap to be in only for a bit of a laugh.......

Comment

Supersoaker filled with water and vinegar mix.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Some mates of mine had the same problem - the local moggies were sneaking in and taking the pets' food.

They installed a special catflap that only works when their cats use it, by way of some magnetic-collar-trickery.

Probably less hassle than building yourself a cat catapult.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            Probably less hassle than building yourself a cat catapult.
            Getting them to sit still on the cat catapult while you launch them may be a challenge, but what about a Tibbles Trebuchet? You only need to hook onto the cat's collar to fling the furry fekker.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
            X