• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email from agency 'requesting' a 10% rate reduction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miffed View Post
    Just received this email from my agency. The names have been changed (some more than others) for the sake of anonymity.

It's the last line about not contacting the client that really annoys me.
    Had a similar email about 3 years ago from Modis. Just arrived unannounced on my doorstep on Saturday morning with no warning. It also had a brand new "take it or leave it" contract attached with a variety of bad clause added in it.

First thing on Monday morning, I walked into the Directors office of the client - a huge multi-national - and said that the new contract terms were unacceptable to my company and that I would not be renewing. He was gobsmacked, as it was the first he knew about any of this. Needless to say matters were sorted quickly and I was renewed under the previous contract terms and conditions.

If I was you, I'd start to kick up a stink with the client. Might come to something, might not. After all, they may be mandating the reduction. Still, if you don't ask, you'll never know...

Nomadd
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Can you just ignore the email, while asking questions at the client?
      It's amazing how often things like this end up in a spam folder
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
      X