• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I had just been chased by the police.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    So long as he wasn't faffing about in the outside lane at that speed. I hate people being in my way in the outside lane.
    What is the outside lane ?

Come on , old man, even the police doesn't care for 10 mph on the motorway.

Comment

Kids stuff.

I'm in deeper do-do than that by a very, very long way.

I can say no more.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
        What is the outside lane?
        On the M25? The stationery line of Beemers.

Come on , old man, even the police doesn't care for 10 mph on the motorway.
        Certainly not when sockpuppets are driving.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I did 90 at some point , but average speed was 80. Apparently 80 is the unofficial official speed limit.
          it's normally speed limit plus 10% + 3mph eg: 70 + 7 + 3 = 80

However I have been done for 78 on a motorway and 31 in a 30 mph urban dual carragway.

Your speedometer must over read by a minimum 3% by law so when it reads 80 you are probally doing 77ish. (Check with you sat-nav)

If the polce will probbably needed two fixed points to catch you out and they may have faild to do so in your case.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Girly is a senior police officer and likes to chase me. Used to freak me out when she'd be in their latest unmarked car, as I obviously wouldn't recognise it was her, but I'm cool with it now, and play along. Especially when I'm on a bike or motorcycle and take detours up narrow paths and she has to work out alternate routes.

So I'd say being chased by the plod is great fun, I really enjoy it.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Kids stuff.

I'm in deeper do-do than that by a very, very long way.

I can say no more.
              Do post a link if it gets into the press.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Girly is a senior police officer and likes to chase me. Used to freak me out when she'd be in their latest unmarked car, as I obviously wouldn't recognise it was her, but I'm cool with it now, and play along. Especially when I'm on a bike or motorcycle and take detours up narrow paths and she has to work out alternate routes.

So I'd say being chased by the plod is great fun, I really enjoy it.
                Enjoying life in rural Denmark?
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                  Enjoying life in rural Denmark?
                  One makes ones own entertainment, 'tis true.

Comment

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little see-saw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X