• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much does a train from Cornwall to Scotland cost?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Perhaps if our trains went a bit faster we could increase line capacity and bring down costs. Or use more carriages, although I gather that option has been ruled out because the platforms would also have to be made longer which would involve knowledge of concrete technology.
    Already long trains call at short stations. This is not a problem with new trains because the opening of doors can be restricted. The is no excuse for the poor train services other than the government and the general public can not understand the concept that the train companies exist to make the maximum profit with the least effort. They are not there as a public service.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      This whole booking in advance and travelling at off peak times is a joke also. I've had a number of roles where late in the day it has been decided that I need to be in London the following day. Over 200 quid later the late virgin train gets me to London.
      The current rail pricing model of offering discounts for booking in advance seem to be specifically designed to hurt the business traveller
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        They are not there as a public service.
        WHS + + another +

They're in it for the profit -
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          The current rail pricing model of offering discounts for booking in advance seem to be specifically designed to hurt the business traveller
          But with a growing elderly population -

Just think Mrs Angus Macduff from Aberdeen shall never need miss another afternoon tea with her long lost cousin Mrs Sue Smith from Cornwall, because they got such a cheap fair booking in advance.

If this story makes it to the news, mark my words, they'll be interviewing Mrs Macduff not business user.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X