• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iran's nuclear ambitions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

It was apointless war with no resolution. Iraq initially made gains but where quicly repulsed by the Iranians who where initially suprised by the attack but owing to unexepected support for Iraqi expulsion mustered enough support from the populace to expel the Iraqis and for the rest of the war, most of the fighting took place on Iraqi soil

Hardly an &rsekicking
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes
      As a committed Christian, this attitude sickens me. Jesus tried to show us a better way, that no matter what the cost, even if the cost is our own lives, that we should meet all challenges with the love of Christ. We must break the circle, show that we are better and extend the hand of friendship and love. Fear breeds violence and all I detect is posturings like this is the voice of fear and hatred.
      Ah ha a genuine Christian. Is it not to late to save Chico and help him avoid the eternal hellfire that is surely his due?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
        It was apointless war with no resolution. Iraq initially made gains but where quicly repulsed by the Iranians who where initially suprised by the attack but owing to unexepected support for Iraqi expulsion mustered enough support from the populace to expel the Iraqis and for the rest of the war, most of the fighting took place on Iraqi soil

Hardly an &rsekicking
        One of my colleagues was living in Iran when the War kicked off, Iraqi jets bombed his hometown and several of his freinds were killed, he told me that after the Revoultion Iran did not have an effective millitary as the old millitary leaders under the Shah had been kicked out.

So its even more amazing that Iraq was unable to overwhelm Iran completely.

Now that Chico has condemend the USA for starting the Iranian Nuclear Energy program which so troubles him, he may now further condemn the USA for vetoing a UN SC resolution to stop the agression of the Iraq invasion of Iran back in 1980 , a war which led to the death of millions.

Im waiting Chico.

Comment

As a committed Christian, this attitude sickens me. Jesus tried to show us a better way, that no matter what the cost, even if the cost is our own lives, that we should meet all challenges with the love of Christ. We must break the circle, show that we are better and extend the hand of friendship and love. Fear breeds violence and all I detect is posturings like this is the voice of fear and hatred.
          Xeres

You relate the true message of Christ, that of Love.

Do not be decieved by Chico the Zionist in Christian clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            You relate the true message of Christ, that of Love.
            Thank you, AlfredJPruffock. It is unfortunately sad that there are people of all peace loving faiths who have read their holy scriptures but one is left wondering whether or not they understood the message.

As Christ might have said if he were an actor in a Western, "you not only need to talk the talk, but walk the walk". I no more claim to know the mind of Christ than anyone else, but I think very few peace loving people would say that had Christ been alive today he would advocate pre-emptive strikes against fellow human beings. We are all brothers in Christ, whether Christian or not.

I try to live a life of humility and peace, bearing in mind at all times the maxim "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." If somebody bites the hand of friendship you extend, you extend it again, and again, and again.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
              One of my colleagues was living in Iran when the War kicked off, Iraqi jets bombed his hometown and several of his freinds were killed, he told me that after the Revoultion Iran did not have an effective millitary as the old millitary leaders under the Shah had been kicked out.

So its even more amazing that Iraq was unable to overwhelm Iran completely.
              I think Iran only managed in the end by rounding up just about every kid older than 10 years and sending them off to the front.

Comment

Thank you, AlfredJPruffock. It is unfortunately sad that there are people of all peace loving faiths who have read their holy scriptures but one is left wondering whether or not they understood the message.

As Christ might have said if he were an actor in a Western, "you not only need to talk the talk, but walk the walk". I no more claim to know the mind of Christ than anyone else, but I think very few peace loving people would say that had Christ been alive today he would advocate pre-emptive strikes against fellow human beings. We are all brothers in Christ, whether Christian or not.

I try to live a life of humility and peace, bearing in mind at all times the maxim "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." If somebody bites the hand of friendship you extend, you extend it again, and again, and again.

How refreshing to hear the voice of a True Christian.

As for me , I am by nature sinful,so I can give no guidance and am reluctant to speak of one so enlightened as the Christ.

Yet I cannot read the teachings of Christ without a profound awe for the Wisdom he spoke.

You speak of the Golden Rule, so simple yet can we actually do this ?

Can we ?

In truth the message of Christ was of Love as he said ...

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you

Comment

And Jesus said...

Luke 6

"47I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. 48He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."
                  Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                    And Jesus said...

Luke 6

"47I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. 48He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."
                    You were the second bloke then were you?
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                      You were the second bloke then were you?
                      Indeed. The day of Chico's enlightenment is nigh.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X