• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iran's nuclear ambitions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chico are you now ready to condemn the USA for starting Irans nuclear program ?

The 1953 CIA ouster of President Mossadegh, a leader who was conforming to westernized policy but made the mistake of asking to keep a small portion of his country's oil revenue, was achieved by means of staged bombings and shootings which were blamed on the Iranian government in order to antagonize the population and enable the coup.

After installing the Shah, Henry Kissinger opened the door for Iran to develop sophisticated nuclear energy programs which laid the foundation for today's crisis. Twenty three reactors were built with the help of American corporations like General Electric and Westinghouse.

In 1976, President Gerald Ford even authorized the Shah to buy and operate a plutonium-extracting and processing facility - a big step toward converting energy processing to weapons making.

After the revolution of 1979 the fundamentalist Ayatollah Khomeni reversed westernized policy but maintained Iran's nuclear interest albeit staggeringly before the end of the war with Iraq.

After the war ended Iran was again free to pursue its ends leading us to the impending crisis we face today.

Comment

Yep, the Yanks (and us Brits) have at times made what in hindsight might be called a few tactical errors of judgement over the years.

Comment

Wake up call

OK a few statistics for you to roll around in your head

Population of Iraq : 27 Million
        Population of Iran : 68 Million

KM Squared Iraq : 432,000
        KM Squared Iran : 1.648 Million

Manpower Fit for military service Iraq :4,930,074
        Manpower fit for military service Iran : 15,665,725

Do you really think that America has the reserves, will and political stamina to engage in another ME conflict with a force 4 times as powerful as Iraq?

How are they going to persuade Iran to discontinue there nuclear program?
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
          As I said the tree huggers will bury their hands in the sands come what may. They will see whatever they want to see. Meanwhile it is up to a few good men and women to fight this evil. History gives us the examples of Neville Chamberlain and Winston Churchill.
          Begone troll, with your worthless vapourings

Your stupidity beggars belief.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
            Bomb them all (not just Iran) to glass is the only sure answer.

BTW: THEIR
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

If that bonehead Bush said I was on a 'axis of evil' and I was surrounded by American occupied territories (Iraq to the west, Afganistan to the east, the US Navy to the south and immentent US military presence in Azerbaijan) then I would get my nuclear arsenal ready too.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                OK a few statistics for you to roll around in your head

Population of Iraq : 27 Million
                Population of Iran : 68 Million

KM Squared Iraq : 432,000
                KM Squared Iran : 1.648 Million

Manpower Fit for military service Iraq :4,930,074
                Manpower fit for military service Iran : 15,665,725

Do you really think that America has the reserves, will and political stamina to engage in another ME conflict with a force 4 times as powerful as Iraq?

Thats why they have tomahawks, B-52s, Stealth fighters etc. In this scenario I forsee surgical air strikes rather than a conventional ground attack. If the Iranians are so great then why did Saddam kick their asses for 8 years in that war?
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Thats why they have tomahawks, B-52s, Stealth fighters etc. In this scenario I forsee surgical air strikes rather than a conventional ground attack. If the Iranians are so great then why did Saddam kick their asses for 8 years in that war?

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter.

The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.

Sir Winston Churchill
                  British politician (1874 - 1965)

PS For Chico the Zionist ... play with your own life ... but dont play with mine

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    Chico,
                    question, Pakistan has Nukes, why are they not in the axis of evil ?
                    They play cricket.
                    Last edited by wendigo100; 24 November 2005, 12:14.

Comment

As a committed Christian, this attitude sickens me. Jesus tried to show us a better way, that no matter what the cost, even if the cost is our own lives, that we should meet all challenges with the love of Christ. We must break the circle, show that we are better and extend the hand of friendship and love. Fear breeds violence and all I detect is posturings like this is the voice of fear and hatred.

Comment

Working...
                      X