• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Dog?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springer Spaniels are a lot of fun...thought of getting a rescue dog as well? You know you're doing a good deed...and better than buying some overbred weakling from an obsessive Barbara Woodhouse type

Comment

Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
      You know the answer, you need a black lab.

Ours was a "failed" gun dog, so very well trained, but the most amazing family dog, would be as happy walking for hours in the rain as catching a pheasant as letting kids try and ride him like a horse.
      WHS. I like the bit about getting a gun dog, as the training is very good. You do need to keep an eye on them if you live near a river or lake as they'll be in like a shot. Not recommended for canal boat trips

Definitely don't get a Spaniel. Not only can they be nervous wrecks (Springer Spaniel) but a friend had one (Cocker Spaniel) which got jealous of their new born baby and went for it.
      Last edited by Sysman; 1 November 2009, 17:33.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        WHS. I like the bit about getting a gun dog, as the training is very good. You do need to keep an eye on them if you live near a river or lake as they'll be in like a shot. Not recommended for canal boat trips

Definitely don't get a Spaniel. Not only can they be nervous wrecks (Springer Spaniel) but a friend had one (Cocker Spaniel) which got jealous of their new born baby and went for it.
        Ey? Any dog can be a nervous wrecks...springers are gun dogs...and cocker's are generally no problem...any dog can be a problem - it's the owners who make the difference...

Comment

Hot dog.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

This sounds like a Plan B to me.

You'll have to bid for the website.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Another vote for a black lab

Comment

Still no definitive answer, so let's try another tack.

They say dogs look like their owners. So what do you look like? A bulldog? Basset Hound? Poodle maybe?

Come to think of it, now there are cartoonizers, why not have a caninizer? A site where you upload a mugshot of yourself and it selects a dead ringer of a mutt tailored to your physiognomy?
                Last edited by OwlHoot; 1 November 2009, 23:13.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

That dog over there. Nick it while the owner's in the Co-op. She'll never catch up with you on that mobility scooter anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X