• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mandelson vows to cut off serial Web pirates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
    Encryption will render it useless
    5 years in prison if you don't hand over the decryption keys...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Indeed, but if everybody is sending encrypted traffic there will be too much noise for them to sort through...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If he is after serial web pirates then have more than one download going at a time and you're safe - simples.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Mandy

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004623.html

From the front page

Any idea how they will differentiate between those who regularly rip stuff off from the net and those like me who use Iplayer to batter my download limit and my slingbox to batter my upload limit?
          Wow thanks Mandy, its obviously one of my top concerns and therefore I am going to change my vote to labour as a result of you and your parties continued efforts to provide clear, fair and proportionate responses to top priority issues.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

With encrypted torrent systems you never know the keys and they change quite frequently.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Encryption is not really an issue. All they have to do is plug in a torrent program, download a popular item then check where the packets are coming from. Not exactly tough.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Encryption is not really an issue. All they have to do is plug in a torrent program, download a popular item then check where the packets are coming from. Not exactly tough.
                TOR/Azureus, off the shelf.

If you can do it, I might have a job for you (serious).

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  With encrypted torrent systems you never know the keys and they change quite frequently.
                  Not something you'd want to be explaining to Bubba in the showers...

Comment

Not something you'd want to be explaining to Bubba in the showers...
                    Well, that's the joy of voting in a government who wants to make criminals of everyone who's not a member of the party.

Comment

So someone who has had to resign from office twice for being a liar, and who was then resoundingly booted out by the electorate, is now dictating government policy?

These labour people really don't want to win the election next year, do they?

Or maybe they are just trying to get us used to life in the EU under that other well know liar, president tony?
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                      X