• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mandelson vows to cut off serial Web pirates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    5 years in prison if you don't hand over the decryption keys...

Yeah I can see them enforcing that.

Half the population of the UK in jail for 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
      So someone who has had to resign from office twice for being a liar, and who was then resoundingly booted out by the electorate, is now dictating government policy?
      To be fair to Lord Mandelson he's learnt his lesson - now in his new job he is a Lord electorate or anything else can't fire him.

Comment

That's the point, I think he's probably getting himself set up for some cushy number when they're all made redundant. Being unelected means he doesn't care about what you voters want anyway.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
          Yeah I can see them enforcing that.
          Apparently they quietly done around 60 people under that law.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Well, that's the joy of voting in a government who wants to make criminals of everyone who's not a member of the party.
            Hmm how much is it to join the Labour party?
            Maybe a wise investment if it means you don't get investigated for IR35 etc...

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Hmm how much is it to join the Labour party?
              Maybe a wise investment if it means you don't get investigated for IR35 etc...
              Well, that's, a brown envelope or two, is what they should have done instead of going for a judicial review.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Apparently they quietly done around 60 people under that law.
                60 people!!!! More have won the lottery you twonk.

Comment

60 people!!!! More have won the lottery you twonk.
                  The point is, if you use a computer, they can have you in jail if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    The point is, if you use a computer, they can have you in jail if they want.
                    I think we are safe. I predict no one will ever be jailed for downloading the odd movie/game/book/album.

Comment

I think we are safe. I predict no one will ever be jailed for downloading the odd movie/game/book/album.

The point is that the milkman who maybe boinking your wife whilst you are busy contracting can drop in encrypted with random password file named "ChldPron.dat", then drop a tip to police and they might be tempted to do you with that law that easily allows them to.

Or they can threaten you with it and make you do other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X