• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QT tonight: Will you be tuning in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, those nasty BNP chappies have been causing trouble outside the BBC studios, eh?

Wait, what's that I hear? It's not the BNP who started the trouble?

What a f**king farce!

Comment

The BNP "minders" always appear to be the type of people that you would not like to meet down a dark alley.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
        The BNP "minders" always appear to be the type of people that you would not like to meet down a dark alley.
        The same can be said for many of their wannabe MPs.....
        Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          The protest seems to be peaceful, but I wonder how many have sneaked in to the audience.
          There was an application process when I went, forms to fill in and tickets issued in advance - it won't stop the determined, but you can't just turn up and sneak in.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyChatterley View Post
            If Lib/Lab/Con keep skirting around the real issues this country is facing, then its no wonder the BNP will gain more votes as they seem to be the only party prepared to stand up and talk about it. If they keep brushing the issues on immigration etc under the carpet, we will soon have a civil war on our hands. I for one am scared of this uprising. I am scared to let my husband out of the house after dark (especially since watching Panoroma the other night) for fear of getting bashed up by a group of white chavs with nothing better to do than pick on a coloured person. To their mindset, every Asian is a 'Pakistani' such is the mindset and the ignorance of that lot. The way that undercover couple where treated in Southmead, Bristol was awful, sickening. It made me feel awful to be white and british and get tarred with the same brush as this scum. They don't know the difference between a Hindu/Sikh/Gujarati. Soon all the unemployed will take out their anger on the immigrants, whether they where born here and are British Citizens or not. If the mainstream parties took a stance and addressed this issues out in the open, then the BNP would not be rising to the fore.
            That was another example of the BBC's unbiased broadcasting.

They picked a well established estate that has an almost exclusively white population rather than one of the more diverse estates around the city and then the victims kept going back to the same two groups who they knew would give them agro.

I don't condone the actions of the thugs and what they did was sickening but to be fair if I walked through Southmead I'd probably get a fair bit of agro too.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              There was an application process when I went, forms to fill in and tickets issued in advance - it won't stop the determined, but you can't just turn up and sneak in.
              Yep I understand you can''t just turn up but how far in advance do they issue the tickets?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Why? For being Ginger? Only joking.

Yes, it was biased by planting them there specifically in Southmead in a majority of a 'whites only' estate but this happens also in mixed areas. I had a friend a couple of years back who was working in Coventry (as you know, very multi-cultural mixed living) walking back home after work with a friend. He was approached by two white guys asking the time and whilst he looked away for a moment, they threw some sort of acid in his face and battered his mate. Luckily whatever it was was not that strong, but his face was burning for hours until he got treated. So I guess, what I'm saying, is that it happens everywhere, not just on whites only estates.

Comment

Anyway don't see what the fuss is about. Either the BNP come to power or they don't. If they do the country deserves what it gets.
                  Let the people decide.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Well, will you?

Poll to follow shortly.
                    He was exceptionally stupid to say senior army officers should be executed.

Why not just keep his gob shut about their criticism, especially as quite a few squaddies have right-wing leanings? There's no need to respond to everything, especially in such a hysterical way, and it would all have been forgotten in a week.

I think the attention has gone to his head, and he's so wrapped up in all the controversy he'll make a fool of himself big time on QT.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      Yep I understand you can''t just turn up but how far in advance do they issue the tickets?
                      TBH I can't remember that bit so rather than make an ill-informed guess I'll say so.

Comment

Working...
                      X