• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running results in pain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Massage keeps muscles loose, prevents cramping and reduces the likelihood of tears and sprains.
    Perhaps you ought to try and get someone to massage your brain, that might stop you getting so uptight?

Anyway, you best ease back on the exercising, you seem a bit delicate for all that physical exertion. Stick to train-spotting, that seems to be more up your street.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      It gives me a hard-on!
      Yeah, but that's mostly a psychological response

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Took your time. Waiting for the steam to stop coming out of your ears were you?
        Strange as it may seem to you, not everyone has the time to sit on CUK all day every day to see what inane drivel people like you come out with. I note the resident doctor hater has pitched in as well - but I guess it gives you both something to do so there's no harm in it I suppose.

I would try suggesting that you only post about things you know a little bit about - but that would mean you wouldn't be able to post anything at all, and you would have to find something else to entertain yourself
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Strange as it may seem to you, not everyone has the time to sit on CUK all day every day to see what inane drivel people like you come out with. I note the resident doctor hater has pitched in as well - but I guess it gives you both something to do so there's no harm in it I suppose.

I would try suggesting that you only post about things you know a little bit about - but that would mean you wouldn't be able to post anything at all, and you would have to find something else to entertain yourself
          I suppose you mean me. I don't hate doctors and you would do well to take your own advice with regard to not posting about things you know nothing about. What is your speciality anyway? I've yet to see anything intelligent or of significance come through in your postings.

Comment

Strange as it may seem to you, not everyone has the time to sit on CUK all day every day .......blah blah sulk etc.......
            Aw diddums. Never mind, you keep going with the massages if you think they help. Those of us that have actually done real sport can make our own judgments based on experience and leave lightweights like you to blunder around with your "quack" solutions.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Does anyone know if humans are supposedly 'designed' for long-distance running? Or are we made for walking with short sprints to escape predators?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Does anyone know if humans are supposedly 'designed' for long-distance running? Or are we made for walking with short sprints to escape predators?
                Some African tribes hunt by exhausting their prey. Although their quarry (including lions) succumb to heat exhaustion I gather rather than plain old exhaustion, as we are able to lose heat more efficiently, and the quarry is apt to move in sprint bursts which eventually cooks them. When they eventually catch up to the thing, it's almost dead. I think we are carp sprinters, but good on endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I would imagine that yonks ago, before we had much technology, the main factor would be the energy balance sheet. If you can get enough energy in without too much effort, thats good, but you might have to gamble on getting loads of energy in by expending a lot of effort.

Apart from the exhausting the prey example, I dont see where being a long distance runner could generate a load of energy

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X