• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it just me......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    How on earth can someone who has never had a real job and who rebelled at 13 to change his name from Gideon to desperately cool "George" be qualified to stand as potential Chancellor of the Exchequer.

FFS little Tory-boy sh*t!
    Perhaps you can tell me what "real" job James Gordon Brown had before entering politics?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Great choice at the next election - Tories who are crap or New Liebour who are even more crap...what are you gonna do??

PZZ

Comment

I'm not going to vote.

Tories (and bed-wetter Osbourne) are a shoe-in round here. Labour usually send some 'work-experience' candidate and then, because it's a fairly infamous constituency, we get more than our fair share of racists, delusionists and attention seekers.

Not worth the shoe-leather.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          I'm not going to vote.

Tories (and bed-wetter Osbourne) are a shoe-in round here. Labour usually send some 'work-experience' candidate and then, because it's a fairly infamous constituency, we get more than our fair share of racists, delusionists and attention seekers.

Not worth the shoe-leather.
          Not voting is the same as not having a choice IMV. You may as well move to North Korea or somewhere.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
            Not voting is the same as not having a choice IMV. You may as well move to North Korea or somewhere.

PZZ
            This is an interesting debate I had with a (Cuban) bloke in Cuba - what's the difference between totalitarian lack of choice and the lack of choice that comes from the only two parties with a chance of winning being so tulipe you can't bring yourself to vote for either of them?

Comment

New lie aren't labour!

The tories may not be much of a choice but Blairs Buffoons aren't a choice.

I always understood labour were devoted to the working man's interest, new lie displaced native workers, allowed expenses to raise but not pensions, they should understand equality but are obsessed with selecting people based on race & sex.

If the tories offer a better option then I'll take it. Helps that I worked hard and I'm better off, maybe I should just get pregnant or become a drug addict.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                This is an interesting debate I had with a (Cuban) bloke in Cuba - what's the difference between totalitarian lack of choice and the lack of choice that comes from the only two parties with a chance of winning being so tulipe you can't bring yourself to vote for either of them?
                I suppose its all irrelevant - many countries have all sorts of tin pot dictators, quadzillion per cent inflation and zero human rights, yet the population still have great food, wild parties and even wilder sex, so I am wondering what the UK parties have to offer that that could top this??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

If the tories offer a better option then I'll take it. Helps that I worked hard and I'm better off, maybe I should just get pregnant or become a drug addict.
                  Yeah, become a drug addict, it's the life of Riley!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Yeah, become a drug addict, it's the life of Riley!
                    No, come round, Ill get you up the duff.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
                      Didn't someone once say if you vote Tory when you're young you haven't got a heart, but if you vote Labour when you're older, you haven't got a brain....or words to that effect....
                      I know that neither party can afford to be too fussy these days, but even they have to accept that having both a heart and a brain are basic prerequisites for entitlement to vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X