• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you Happy at your Work ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth
    Good I hope they are all REALLY ILL and die soon
    Aye Xoggoth

Its an ill wind ...

Perhaps the prospect of Taxmen dieing courtesy of work related stress mught cheer up an otherwise dull afternoon for you.

As for moi , Im off to Malaga at four , Hip Hip...Horray !!!!
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 18 November 2005, 12:51.

Comment

Work related stress??

I never knew sitting at you desk reading magazines all day, playing games or building your own website caused work-related stress...I learn something new every day...

Comment

when I was a permie I was unhappy all the time, managers trying to hunt you down like a sport, they all seemed to be clueless about what I was actually doing they were mostly malicious, when they attacked I fought back and a tonne of problems enused. I got so tired of the cr*p bonuses, 0 pay increases, lies and lack of training I just bunked off work to make up for it.

When I was a contractor I was respected, I could walk away from all the sh*t and felt somewhat distanced from the constant politics, I earned more and was respected more, I worked hard and delivered because the incentive was there to do so. I was much happier.

Solution: Do not go permie ever again, give it up ... its a mugs game. Do contracting instead, excel at what you do and the reward will come along with your success.

Comment

Originally posted by messiah
          when I was a permie I was unhappy all the time, managers trying to hunt you down like a sport, they all seemed to be clueless about what I was actually doing they were mostly malicious, when they attacked I fought back and a tonne of problems enused. I got so tired of the cr*p bonuses, 0 pay increases, lies and lack of training I just bunked off work to make up for it.

When I was a contractor I was respected, I could walk away from all the sh*t and felt somewhat distanced from the constant politics, I earned more and was respected more, I worked hard and delivered because the incentive was there to do so. I was much happier.

Solution: Do not go permie ever again, give it up ... its a mugs game. Do contracting instead, excel at what you do and the reward will come along with your success.
          Aye Messiah

Choose Life
          Choose Large Incomes
          Choose Weekends in Malaga
          Choose Contracting

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            Aye Messiah

Choose Life
            Choose Large Incomes
            Choose Weekends in Malaga
            Choose Contracting
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Choose life.

Choose a job.
              Choose a starter home.
              Choose dental insurance, leisure wear and matching luggage.
              Choose your future.

But why would anyone want to do a thing like that ?
              Just go contracting.......
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

This might be a reason why contractors are never ill, as well as the obvious financial one. Maybe 'happy' is pushing it, but most contractors go to work without being particularly bothered by it.

Comment

Working...
                X