• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 47 Society

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    spooky this.

when I was 47, I was on a bus going into Liverpool. Yes, it was the No. 47 bus.
    One of my fellow passengers was crying and said that he was being booted out of NASA because his program had lost 47 astronauts and no one else would volunteer. Imagine how delighted he was when I agreed to go through the rigorous training and fly to Mars the following month.
    On the way to Mars the computer went mad and tried to steal my DVD collection but I fought back using human ingenuity by forcing a compressed air cylinder into its mouth and shooting it with my rifle.

Then I woke up. It had all been a dream.

Waiter! I'll have a bottle of whatever this gentleman's drinking, please.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I am having doubts I will see that far, but if I do, I will let you know how it feels!!!
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Waiter! I'll have a bottle of whatever this gentleman's drinking, please.

I think it may be the cheese he's been eating!
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Moose posted : Anyone else got an interesting 47-related anecdote to share?
          Yes.

Your post count for the original post was "1689".

(1+6)*8-9) = 47

Spooky !
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Yes.

Your post count for the original post was "1689".

(1+6)*8-9) = 47

Spooky !
            You are Carol Vorderman, and I claim my free Richard Whiteley jumper...
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Daviejones posted : and I claim my free Richard Whiteley jumper...
              I hope you don't mind, but it's a bit sticky.

I'll get me shovel...
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Also 1689 (post count) - 47 = 1642

1642 = English Civil War started.

This is getting spookier and spookier :-)

C.S. Lewis

Comment

OMG!

When I got to work this morning, I had 52 unread emails in my inbox. When I had deleted 5 of them, I had 47 left. And then I deleted most of them as well.

Some interesting responses. Definitely something strange going on here!

Comment

Now I am getting totally freaked out.

In the street that I grew up in one of the houses was number 47

We lived in number 4 so weren't that near it but even so it is very spooky!

Comment

local taxi number is 47 47 47.

I'm getting scared now.

Comment

Working...
                      X