• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.parkers.co.uk/ is good to find out the value if you are selling it privately.

Then use autotrader. I always advertise mine on autotrader and also make sure you let people know around you as I have sold a couple to neighbours and friends of colleagues.

Comment

I hate selling cars. I don`t trust private buyers and the cars I tend to have are sporty so the wrong types come along (dreamers, tyre kickers, time wasters, joy riders and even more dreamers).
      Selling to a dealer without buying another might make them chew your brass on the price but it`s worth trying them.

I`ve heard webuyanycar will knock you down on price once you arrive to hand the car over......after you`ve driven all the way there all prepared with all your docs.

Depending on the type of car, pistonheads could be worth a try but look out for scammers and this applies to all selling methods hence why it`s so easy and risk free to trade-in.

Comment

Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
        http://www.parkers.co.uk/ is good to find out the value if you are selling it privately.

Then use autotrader. I always advertise mine on autotrader and also make sure you let people know around you as I have sold a couple to neighbours and friends of colleagues.
        But if I suspect something is about to break, sell it to a stranger

I've had success selling through the Yorkshire Post as it's a regional paper covering a large area. For bangers I used to use the local evening rag.
        Last edited by Sysman; 29 September 2009, 12:05. Reason: typo
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

car has done sod all mileage in the 2 years I've had it. Bought it brand new, have valued it with glass.co.uk.

It's the whole selling to complete strangers. As for dealership, I know they'll give me a tulipe rate, they did before.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Haven't we done this once before?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Haven't we done this once before?
              we've just moved on from getting it priced to selling it.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

There was a lot of advice on selling it too

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-websites.html
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

ooops

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Is it anything nice? sas might be tempted to trade in his Aygo
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                      Is it anything nice? sas might be tempted to trade in his Aygo
                      I'd hardly call a grande punto nice, it does the job, but hopefully not for much longer.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X