• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Selling cars

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Selling cars"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Is it anything nice? sas might be tempted to trade in his Aygo
    I'd hardly call a grande punto nice, it does the job, but hopefully not for much longer.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Is it anything nice? sas might be tempted to trade in his Aygo

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    ooops

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    There was a lot of advice on selling it too

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-websites.html

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Haven't we done this once before?
    we've just moved on from getting it priced to selling it.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Haven't we done this once before?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    car has done sod all mileage in the 2 years I've had it. Bought it brand new, have valued it with glass.co.uk.

It's the whole selling to complete strangers. As for dealership, I know they'll give me a tulipe rate, they did before.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/ is good to find out the value if you are selling it privately.

Then use autotrader. I always advertise mine on autotrader and also make sure you let people know around you as I have sold a couple to neighbours and friends of colleagues.
    But if I suspect something is about to break, sell it to a stranger

I've had success selling through the Yorkshire Post as it's a regional paper covering a large area. For bangers I used to use the local evening rag.
    Last edited by Sysman; 29 September 2009, 12:05. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    I hate selling cars. I don`t trust private buyers and the cars I tend to have are sporty so the wrong types come along (dreamers, tyre kickers, time wasters, joy riders and even more dreamers).
    Selling to a dealer without buying another might make them chew your brass on the price but it`s worth trying them.

I`ve heard webuyanycar will knock you down on price once you arrive to hand the car over......after you`ve driven all the way there all prepared with all your docs.

Depending on the type of car, pistonheads could be worth a try but look out for scammers and this applies to all selling methods hence why it`s so easy and risk free to trade-in.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/ is good to find out the value if you are selling it privately.

Then use autotrader. I always advertise mine on autotrader and also make sure you let people know around you as I have sold a couple to neighbours and friends of colleagues.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Sell a car less than 6 years old I don't even buy cars that new. My current one is worth 0p and get me places as quickly as any new car. Still not as quickly as a bicycle in town though.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Please, don't use the second site. Their radio advert is quite annoying and should not be rewarded...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.wewillbuyyourcar.com/howi...FYwA4wodSWsz2Q
    http://www.webuyanycar.com/default.a...FUxs4wodN0xf2w

Worth a go.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Got a low trade in offer recently and a mate encouraged me to stick it on ebay, offers came in steadily and ended up £600 ahead (for a car worth 3800, so reasonable percent better).
    If it had been say 100 notes more I would have traded it because of the pain of meeting a chap off the train, hoping he turns up, having to demonstrate the car and have him go over it, taking payment in cash and hoping it was all real, having this much in the house etc etc.
    So, I would check out the Autotrader to see likely price achievable (note these are sticker prices not actual selling price) then stick it on ebay so that the market can kick out a price.
    As ever, be careful and by preference get funds cleared before handing over all the paperwork.
    As mentioned, word is that stock levels are low and dealers might make you a decent offer at the moment (but they use ebay as well so might still be a good option)

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Try PistonHeads.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X