• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agent professionalism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent: wow imagine getting £500 a day
    You: wow imagine you're getting £100/day for doing nothing out of it
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      Back in permie days one boss kept telling me I was earning a lot. Ignore the twunt.
      I dealt with that by sitting one previous permie boss down and showing him where the money goes.

Starting with a line marked 0 ... 100 I took off the VAT (goes to the government) then took off 20% for the agent then took off suitable amounts for the employer's NI (goes to the government), personal NI (goes to the government) and PAYE (goes to the government). Then 10% for leave & 10% for sick. Then £5k for training, manuals and kit.

(NB: this was the early days of IR35 when it looked like we were all caught by it.)

There was far less left than his take home. And the %age going to the government was greater than his gross salary. Seeing as he was a civil servant...

He was actually sympathetic to subsequent rate increases after that.

Meanwhile, we had a team of 15 or so Big Five consultants at the other end of the corridor working on the outsourcing of the IT department, each costing between £1,000 and £1,800 per day.

So instead of ignoring the twunts, educate them.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        so thats twice now you've posted threads to let us all know how much you're getting a day - smug much
        Not just these posts but most of them.

Comment

Answer - I don't have to imagine it happens every day!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Too many people forget that the basic definition of "professional" is:-

"Doing something & getting paid for it"

In which case, professionalism has nothing to do with the way you do the job, so long as you do it & get paid.

That said, all pimps are utter twunts...I havent found a decent one in my many years at this game

Comment

Working...
            X