• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland over sex with underage girl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centurian View Post
    ...And remember, these people weren't just suspected of a crime. They were tried, convicted and sentanced in a court of law.
    Polanksi isn't suspected either. He skipped the US before sentencing.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      He entered his confession as part of a plea bargain. To me it is still an admission of guilt. If he hadn't been caught up to his nuts in a child then there is no way he would have put his hands up for this.
      That we do not know. It may have been an offer of you hold your hands up and you will walk away with a non custodial. If you dont we will go for life. If there was any doubt in your own mind that you might be found guilty what would you do?

I can not believe the support he is getting. I can not believe the amount of people who have been willing to work with him.
      One must speculate as to the morals of his supporters.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        That we do not know. It may have been an offer of you hold your hands up and you will walk away with a non custodial. If you dont we will go for life. If there was any doubt in your own mind that you might be found guilty what would you do?

I can not believe the support he is getting. I can not believe the amount of people who have been willing to work with him.
        They were just 2 people in love, its the law that has been out to ruin two lives needlessly
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

If it was my daughter, I would have his nuts off...with a blowtorch!!!
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The girl is supposed to have forgiven him and they came to a financial settlement with the family - all very M. Jackson if you ask me.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              They were just 2 people in love, its the law that has been out to ruin two lives needlessly
              !! She was 13! It was one person in love with a child and a child in 'love' with a kiddie fiddler. There are lines you don't cross. One of them should be doing kids. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to apply to Polanski and his supporters
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                !! She was 13! It was one person in love with a child and a child in 'love' with a kiddie fiddler. There are lines you don't cross. One of them should be doing kids. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to apply to Polanski and his supporters
                I'm pretty sure he was joking!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

But those are the types of comments his supporters have been making.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

They were also the comments made very vociferously on this forum last week about a teacher and an underage pupil
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

He has supporters!

If it was a 13 yo boy and a 13 yo girl I could understand. How anyone can defend this chap is beyond me.

I'm all in favour of punishment by blow torch.

Comment

Working...
                      X