• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Nerves!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Making a few assumptions there aren't we?
    Indeed! I am a girl and the programme manager thast is interviewing is a man. Plus am sure if I imagine him naked I will lose my trail of thought whether he is good looking or not.

Comment

Have just driven out to the office and well it is in a not so nice area plus the drive was a nightmare with nowhere to park. Looks like a lovely long train commute but hey. Will see as it is a job and will keep me out of mischief for a while so fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
        Indeed! I am a girl and the programme manager thast is interviewing is a man. Plus am sure if I imagine him naked I will lose my trail of thought whether he is good looking or not.
        I have yet to meet a bloke that looks good naked so don't even think about it!
        I realise the above may have created the wrong impression ...
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

There are few you just need to weed them out

Sorry for lowering the tone
          Last edited by Hawkeye; 21 September 2009, 20:35.

Comment

Originally posted by *Alterego View Post

There are few you just need to weed them out

Sorry for lowering the tone.
            No, that's my job. I obviously need to look harder.

Are you all set for tomorrow?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I think so. I have reviewed their site. I have reviewed my CV just to jog my memory on previous contracts to the last one. I have read the job spec again. I know exactly where I am going. Think I am as ready as I can be!

Funny thing just happened. I got an email advertising the role and it is on £35 per day more than the agent said they were willing to pay. We never agreed a rate at all as he said we would confirm after the interview. Will have to see what happens and if they like me first.

Comment

Yeah. Get the interview out of the way, knock their socks off and then haggle
                +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  Yeah. Get the interview out of the way, knock their socks off and then haggle
                  I hope I will knock their socks off and then some . Am going to get some sleep as it is a very early start with the interview at 9.

Thanks for all the advice as it has helped me get back into the right mindset.

Comment

Fsck them. You're better than them, or they wouldn't need you. Ergo, no need to be nervous

Alternatively, they're as good as you are and just need an extra body who's as good as them, in which case it's a pleasure to have the chance to chat to some people who know what you're on about. Again, no need to be nervous

Final possibility: they're way above you. Still, give it a go. It will probably turn out that they aren't (in which case see above), and if they are, well - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Even if you don't get the gig you'll learn some useful stuff about what such smart people think is important at the moment, so no need to be nervous

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Fsck them. You're better than them, or they wouldn't need you. Ergo, no need to be nervous

Alternatively, they're as good as you are and just need an extra body who's as good as them, in which case it's a pleasure to have the chance to chat to some people who know what you're on about. Again, no need to be nervous

Final possibility: they're way above you. Still, give it a go. It will probably turn out that they aren't (in which case see above), and if they are, well - nothing ventured, nothing gained. Even if you don't get the gig you'll learn some useful stuff about what such smart people think is important at the moment, so no need to be nervous
                      Agreed. As recognised experts in our respective fields, I see an interview now as an opportunity to gauge whether the client and their employees will suit my needs. Replying with an answer that also leads to a question about the client not only helps this process but also implies that your paying attention and gets the client to open up and start talking, hence making the interview a two-way process.

Comment

Working...
                      X