• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Interview Nerves!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Interview Nerves!"

Collapse

• Hawkeye
    replied
    That's ok. My chin is up still!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Sorry to hear that. Bloody timewasters!

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Thanks SallyAnne! It is bull tulip!

I have been put forward for three more roles and another one (which I am not sure exists as the agent seems dodgy). Fingers crossed one of them turns into something! Will see!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
    Update!

I didn't get the contract because I did not have enough years of experience on my CV.
    God that's such bull sh1t - like you say, they would have seen your CV before hand!!!!!

Never mind lass - you'll get the next one x x

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Update!

I didn't get the contract because I did not have enough years of experience on my CV. Apparently I was great and he liked me! Sounds like a poor excuse as he had read my CV and my background is there in black & white! I was not sure I wanted to work in the Public Sector and now I am positive. Bitter me?!?!

At least I had some interview practice so hopefully I will ace the next one!

Leave a comment:

• Loco
    replied
    When I go to an interview, I like to interview them to figure out if I would like to work with the company.

I find it a nice mindset to put myself in and it quickly gets the interview going.

It build your confidence and hopefully gradual rapport with the client, leaving a lasting impression.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Good tip. Next time I'll try that and the interviewer turns out to be passionate about train spotting or golf I'll say I am too.

Then after starting the gig, I'll just tell them I tried it for the first time the previous week and found it wasn't really "me".

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Good tip. Next time I'll try that and the interviewer turns out to be passionate about train spotting or golf I'll say I am too.

Then after starting the gig, I'll just tell them I tried it for the first time the previous week and found it wasn't really "me".

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I have never googled the interviewer but nice tip! Will be using that next time!
    LinkedIn is quite useful for that too

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    I have never googled the interviewer but nice tip! Will be using that next time!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Swot up on the company
    I don't think I've ever had more than a cursory 5 minute look at a companies website just to get the jist of what they do.
    (In fact I probably spend more time googling the interviewer to see who I'm up against.)

Much better spending the time on technical aspects and coming up with some practicle applied examples of what you've done before to trot out at the right time during the interview.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    How is that a long time?
    I agree! It shocked me that he thought it was a long time.

Ladies I will hopefully be there!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Ah fingers crossed then lass!!

Wow - this CUK London ladies night is going to grow and grow eh?!
    WSAS

Let us know when you get it!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    He asked just a few questions. One was how come you have been on the bench so long. It has been just under 2 months
    How is that a long time?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Racial abuse.

SallyAnne that just made me laugh so hard I think everyone on the Jubilee line thinks I am weird. I hope so as it looks like I could make something good out of the role plus he said it might be about 9 months of work.
    Ah fingers crossed then lass!!

Wow - this CUK London ladies night is going to grow and grow eh?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X