• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chestnuts are meant to be good at detering them. I think it might be a myth though

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Boris doesn't last long in my house. Despite my best efforts, the mogs murder them all.
      My Labrador used to get 'em. Both front paws in a pounce.

That's when I learnt I learnt what the word pounce really means. A lot of force behind it.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
        Sometimes you just have to compromise
        And off to the Mice thread we go.

Comment

>sigh< in this country we have nothing to fear from them. Leave them alone.

There are about 6 webs on our front widows this morning, each with a tiny spider sat in the middle, when the sun catches the web it glistens like silver and is quite beautiful.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Bugger.

Now I won't be able to sleep for a week.

<shudder>
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              >sigh< in this country we have nothing to fear from them. Leave them alone.
              It's the big hairy ones that come in crates of fruit from the tropics you have to worry about.

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              There are about 6 webs on our front widows this morning, each with a tiny spider sat in the middle, when the sun catches the web it glistens like silver and is quite beautiful.
              I got caught both last night and this morning with a spider's web across my bedroom door.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                Sometimes you just have to compromise
                somone's been watching too much spaced

Get some cats, will get rid of them soon enough. Though not so keen on the random legs or dessicated corpses been left everywhere.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
                  Had to splat a big hairy Boris in my bathroom lastnight. Thank God for slippers. I didn't like doing it, but there was no way I was going to sleep easy knowing that that thing was potentially crawling around my flat whilst I was asleep. I have an agreement with spiders; they keep out of my way, and I leave them alone. RIP.
                  Why not catch it in a glass?

Comment

Very early Thursday morning, I was woken by a few blasted mossies whining around my head.

A few hours later, as I blearily got ready for work, "Arnold" trotted into the bathroom. As soon as he spotted me he froze. "Well", I said, "hang your head in shame. What's the point of keeping an eight-legged freak like you if you can't even catch those mosquitos?". Friday, Arnold was seen on the steps of the next flight down from my bedroom, still looking pretty sheepish. Saturday he was in the cellar, but then my daughter spotted him. She screamed, my wife picked him up in a bit of tissue. Crushed him to death, then put him in the bin. It's the only way to treat permies who won't do their job properly.

Eventually, evolution will pop-up invisible spiders. If they can't be seen, they'll get to breed.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Eventually, evolution will pop-up invisible spiders. If they can't be seen, they'll get to breed.
                      ****, ****, fcukity ****!

When I was in Neath we had what we called "ghost spiders". Big, colourless buggers.

When in Salisbury we had spiders that you only knew were there because of the dust forming on the webs that were hung from the ceiling. Once the spiders were big enough, they were visible.

Are they going to take over?
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X