• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    "OJEU? Can't you order the hardware, software and consultancy as separate items? We don't want to have to do the OJEU thing if we can avoid it."
    Yep. Seen that before - more than once. Amazing how creative accouting can turn a million pound project into 10 mini projects of about 100K

And what a complete load of tulip the OJEU process is. Because suppliers can know the process inside out, then can massage their bids to work around it, such that the selection is not based upon best value for money (which is supposed to be the whole point of OJEU), but simply which supplier has the best OJEU consultant that knows all the tricks of the process.

I've seen contracts awarded where no-one in the organisation wanted the system, no-one belived the supplier would be able to deliver and everyone thought the system was sh!te. But because the supplier had ticked every single box, the contract had to be awarded to them. There was a thinly veiled threat of legal action for the full contract amount if it wasn't awarded to them.

The system was sh1te and the organisation had to shell out many times the cost of the contract to keep maintain other systems and pay out for extras.

Comment

I love the public sector

I worked for them for ages, and I got loads done, but only because I had root access to things, so I did the changes they said I wasn't allowed to so that the system worked better, then they got cross because they had to fill out loads of paperwork to put it back how it was.

That took them so long they usually gave up and anyway the system worked better so they didn't mind too much... I learnt from Grace Hopper "It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. "
      Blaming it on permies since 1989

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        lovely parrot though, beauuuutiful plumage

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue
        But not as remarkable as me, might I add
        Last edited by zeitghost99; 20 September 2009, 15:12.

Comment

Originally posted by umbongo View Post
          I worked for them for ages, and I got loads done, but only because I had root access to things, so I did the changes they said I wasn't allowed to so that the system worked better, then they got cross because they had to fill out loads of paperwork to put it back how it was.

That took them so long they usually gave up and anyway the system worked better so they didn't mind too much... I learnt from Grace Hopper "It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. "
          Holy Schmoley
          Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Working...
          X