• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market collapse in October

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    How do you move money into another currency?
    I Have Swiss bank account in Euro, I am moving off-shore this month and had planned to move Sterling. But rate is so bad I am not sure what to do now.

Suggestions from the board?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      I Have Swiss bank account in Euro, I am moving off-shore this month and had planned to move Sterling. But rate is so bad I am not sure what to do now.

Suggestions from the board?
      Buy property in the UK at auction and rent it out.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Buy property in the UK at auction and rent it out.
        I have looked at property prices in the UK. But I have a gut feeling anything paid for property this year will seam over priced next year. I don't think the market has bottomed out yet. So I can't bring myself to do it, also not ready to become a subject of HMRC.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Here we go

Little quoty-quote

U.S. gold futures rose toward $1,020 an
          ounce on Tuesday as a sharp deterioration of the dollar's value triggered
          investment buying in gold as a currency hedge.
          Dollar collapse in the post.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8268440.stm

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              I have looked at property prices in the UK. But I have a gut feeling anything paid for property this year will seam over priced next year. I don't think the market has bottomed out yet. So I can't bring myself to do it, also not ready to become a subject of HMRC.
              Prices in 2009 are probably still 25 to 30 per cent above the long term average and fair value in terms of affordability relative to wages. Upside from here is very doubtful, IMO.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Here we go

Little quoty-quote

Dollar collapse in the post.
                Quite right sy01. Good post. Can I also mention Tehran have dumped the dollar also

Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has ordered the replacement of the US dollar by the euro in calculating the value of the country’s Oil Stabilisation Fund (OSF).

The edict, issued on Sept 12, follows a recommendation by the trustees of the country’s foreign reserves, Iran’s English-language daily The Tehran Times said on Monday, citing Iran’s semi-official Mehr News Agency.

The move was taken because the government wishes to protect itself from the fragility of the US economy and the weak dollar
                Other countries to dump the dollar include Russia, Brazil and China is doing so as fast as it can. The dollar is in real trouble folks, and it's all part of the plan.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Interesting, but as one of the comments says, people have been saying this on the quiet for ages.

FT Alphaville: This bank-engineered equity rally
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    Interesting, but as one of the comments says, people have been saying this on the quiet for ages.

FT Alphaville: This bank-engineered equity rally
                    so the question could be: will the banks make money on this, would buying bank shares be a safe haven when they sell all their inventoy of shares?
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Buy shares in Digitas.

Comment

Working...
                      X