• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Isn't life great?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
    Thanks for the weather update! I just wish the sleazyjet flight wasn't getting back at 9pm... this hangover is not doing my any favours, mutter grumble mutter grumble.... I'm still happy tho
    You dont get back until 9?!!!!

On a Friday?!!!!!!!

I'll probably be so p1ssed I'm being sick by that point! Yay!!!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Having an affair?

Or are you coming to the end of a big bar of chocolate?
      well my father died after at the end of july. after a 5 year, toe to toe slugfest with cancer that ultimately consumed him. the taxman has got his claws into the business he left behind. the bailiffs are banging on the door demanding 100,000 in back tax. the stess button has been turned up so much it has twisted off in my mothers hand.

after 6 months on the bench i have got this cutting edge niche oracle role working alongside the oracle experts and will be sorted for the 5 to 8 years based on this working out. rate is reasonable but will become truly bloated as we pull out of recession.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        No I worked in an EU department & they brought in all these Greek guys because they were cheaper basically. C'est la vie!

Crate of Mendip Magic later on & i?ll be as right as rain! Have a nice weekend. I'm off
        Sorry to hear about this though Wurzel - I hope you manage to get something else soon x x
        (Enjoy the Mendip)
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          well my father died after at the end of july. after a 5 year, toe to toe slugfest with cancer that ultimately consumed him. the taxman has got his claws into the business he left behind. the bailiffs are banging on the door demanding 100,000 in back tax. the stess button has been turned up so much it has twisted off in my mothers hand.

after 6 months on the bench i have got this cutting edge niche oracle role working alongside the oracle experts and will be sorted for the 5 to 8 years based on this working out. rate is reasonable but will become truly bloated as we pull out of recession.
          Oh DS Sorry to hear that about yor Dad, and the stress it has brought with it
          Cancer is a tw^t - it seems to have become stronger and more lethal in the last year or so 5/10 years ago, everyone who had it seemed to fight it off! Now, everyone seems to be dying of it again

Good news on the Oracle gig - although everything above puts it in perspective eh?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

thanks sal. yes it does indeed put things into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              You dont get back until 9?!!!!

On a Friday?!!!!!!!

I'll probably be so p1ssed I'm being sick by that point! Yay!!!
              Yeah, but I had my Friday night last night... If you're ever in Ipswich, try Trongs for a chinese... very nice!

I'll still be trying NOT to be sick by that time after the vast amount of red wine consumed last night.... urgh!
              In case of emergency, break dance.

Comment

when my lad was 4 I took him over to the North east for a suprise helicopter ride. When he saw the helicopter I could see the tears running down his little face.
                I asked him if he was scared of the noise. no.
                I asked him if he was scared of flying. no.
                I asked him why he was crying.
                Dad, he said, I am smile-crying.

Thats you Sally. so happy you could cry

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

great. thanks eo. now i've tears welling up myself.

Comment

The voice of Nature loudly cries,
                    And many a message from the skies,
                    That something in us never dies.

Comment

I am very happy - but I'd probably be a little bit happier if I could stop waking up at 5:45 every morning
                      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X