• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bacon and egg sandwich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    And they might do you some custom sausages a la blighty to boot.

Problem solved. This forum is a great place.
    Indeed; a really good butcher is always open to ideas. My local butcher in Holland took up my idea of making Lincolnshire sausages, tried them, liked them, and now sells them in his shop; he can't make enough of the things. Ony drawback; he calls them 'Tuscan sausages' otherwise nobody will buy them. Bloody ignorant cloggie consumers, think they know their sausages, pah!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Go to a butcher and explain you want your spek cut a little thicker (about 2 or 3 mm); they'll cut it for you, even though they might think you're a bit wierd.
      Yeah, come on... you're a contractor you should be buying bespoke meat with your loot!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The girl in Fuzzys drew the brown sauce on today with a spiral pattern rather than a zig zag pattern. And cut it diagonally instead of straight across at a slightly jaunty angle.

It actually tastes better this way.
        Totally agree. My wife laughs at me when I insist she cuts my sandwiches and toast into triangles rather than rectangles.

Brown sauce, bleh.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          You can not talk about bacon and egg sandwiches when I am in Germany, it's the rules. In fact you are not allowed to mention any British goodies that I can't get.
          WHS

bacon, proper sausages, melton mowbry pork pies, sausage rolls are all banned from being discussed otherwise we will discuss the low price/high quality and huge variation of mass(1 litre beers)..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The girl in Fuzzys drew the brown sauce on today with a spiral pattern rather than a zig zag pattern. And cut it diagonally instead of straight across at a slightly jaunty angle.

It actually tastes better this way.

Blast you Sir! I had a healthy bowl of museli at 06:30 hrs thinking that'll take me through to lunchtime, but now I'm afraid it's 'monkey see, monkey do' and I just have to have a bacon and egg sarnie with brown sauce!!

BTW, surely a "5-0" motif would've been a more appropriate use of Englands finest sauce?
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              Blast you Sir! I had a healthy bowl of museli at 06:30 hrs thinking that'll take me through to lunchtime, but now I'm afraid it's 'monkey see, monkey do' and I just have to have a bacon and egg sarnie with brown sauce!!

BTW, surely a "5-0" motif would've been a more appropriate use of Englands finest sauce?
              Holland´s

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Totally agree. My wife laughs at me when I insist she cuts my sandwiches and toast into triangles rather than rectangles.

Brown sauce, bleh.
                WHS. Triangles taste better than rectangles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Holland´s
                  True(ish). Made there for HP Foods in Middlesex. Come to think of it, I doubt the bacon was produced here either.

Mmmmmm, bacon!!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    True(ish). Made there for HP Foods in Middlesex. Come to think of it, I doubt the bacon was produced here either.

Mmmmmm, bacon!!

Yep, it's just a shame it's so bloody difficult to buy HP and decent bacon in Holland, even though it's all made here. I guess that's what they call 'globalisation'.

Comment

I think I may just have stumbled on a Plan B involving my 40Kg luggage allowance, the client's mail room and a vacuum packer.

Comment

Working...
                      X