• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World Cup Qualifiers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    At least we won't have reports on the WAGS daily shopping trip - Capello doesn't want them around.
    They are likely to end up as 'football pundits' on the Living channel ...

Coleen Rooney on the 4-4-2 formation anyone?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      . At least we won't have reports on the WAGS daily shopping trip - Capello doesn't want them around.

Indeed. The atmosphere at the World Cup should be that of a monastic camp.
      Capello should lay out the goal in simple terms: "Win the World Cup" and every sinew and iota of effort and energy should be bent to that task.

I doubt if the over-paid soft-living chavs that constitute the English football team can take the strain though.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think the next one will be between Spain and Brazil, England will go out in the quarters I think as there are still 4 or 5 better teams in the world. Even Capello can't polish a turd.

Comment

yeah but we won the ashes.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I think the next one will be between Spain and Brazil, England will go out in the quarters I think as there are still 4 or 5 better teams in the world. Even Capello can't polish a turd.
            It's not a turd though, the line-up of players England have is very impressive; he has to make them work together.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              It's not a turd though, the line-up of players England have is very impressive; he has to make them work together.
              Agreed. It's the team work that's lacking. Germany has won many trophies wth far inferior players.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

English sport seems to be doing rather well when you think about it...
                • Runners up in the rugby world cup
                • Won the ashes
                • Won the european cup in hockey for the first time (beating germany in the final )
                • Qualified for the football world cup easily

...and on the GB front, lots of medals at the last olympics.

I wonder why it seems to have turned round?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  • Won the ashes
                  • Won the european cup in hockey for the first time (beating germany in the final )

Also, in women's football; England is in the Euro 2009 final, to be played today.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Agreed. It's the team work that's lacking. Germany has won many trophies wth far inferior players.
                    Agreed. Teamwork and discipline. No pandering to players. They were never allowed mobile phones in training in 1966...

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                      • Won the ashes

...and on the GB front, lots of medals at the last olympics.

I wonder why it seems to have turned round?
                      Massive funding into sport from lottery (and possibly government I don't know).

Cue "bloody Brown, spending our tax money on sport" comments...
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X