• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it game over for UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    A new life awaits you in the Off-World Colony. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure.
    sounds good count me in gotta be better than Preston

Comment

Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
      I agree, I think we (the UK) are part of a large scale social engineering experiment, like a big test environment for the world
      Mmmm, well thought out.

You should leave the UK. Become part of the "Brain" drain.

Just out of interest, where are you going to go?????

PS: Don't forget to get your Daily Mail forwarded to you
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I'm a bit of a pessimist (and seldom disappointed), but I don't think GB is finished yet. I look at all the fine minds that post on this board and feel there is still hope
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

A new life awaits you in the Off-World Colony. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure.
          http://www.lastexittonowhere.com/sho...orld-colonies/
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Can you highlight the spellung corrections please?

Originally Posted by badgerpig
            I dont like being negative but is life in the UK ever going to get better?

Manufacturing/Engineering Industry - dead
            Service sector (which was supposed to be the saving grace of UK) - Offshored
            Small business - blown out of the water by big corporations
            NHS - collapsing due to more using than contributing
            Social Security - See above
            Crime - worse than ever, prisons full, criminals being let off with token hand slaps
            Immigration - off the scale and out of control

dont mean to be a pessimist but is it time to stop reading the Daily Mail?
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

That's a strange article, but in the UK at least there is a similarity with Rome - decadence. The belief that we can:
              1. Spend what we like, when we like
              2. Allow kids to have and do whatever they like
              3. Have a prizes-for-all education system
              4. Reduce practical policing
              5. Open our borders to everybody
              6. Curtail wealth creation and encourage dependence on the state
              7. Add unfettered, self-indulgent red tape to business, public services and the public alike

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                Mmmm, well thought out.

You should leave the UK. Become part of the "Brain" drain.

Just out of interest, where are you going to go?????

PS: Don't forget to get your Daily Mail forwarded to you
                I dont know where is better as Ive never lived anywhere else but Britain feels like one of those facebook parties where the parents house gets mashed when theyre on holiday

whats the daily mail got to do with it? why insinuate Im a right wing tory blue rinser just because I questioned the sustainability of the current free for all in the UK?

Comment

We will be fine as long as the population keeps growing at 1/2 million people a year

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    dont mean to be a pessimist but is it time to stop reading the Daily Mail?
                    is that a RED hamster?

Comment

Doesn't decadence and decline mean sinking into a morass of mindless sex orgies. How come I am not getting my share? We should be throw lefties into arenas with lions too.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X